PDA

View Full Version : hilarious video....

ClosetFanBoy
08-19-04, 01:29 AM
seen this on planetdoom forums, unlike the 2 kids video, who really put too much on it, this guy seemed honestly frightened.

paste from the thread:

This is the 2nd part of Mesh playing doom III if you never saw the first part watch that first:

first_video (http://www.aopy22.dsl.pipex.com/alpha.wmv)

Basically it’s about a m8 who won’t play scary games, he did not buy Doom because he knew it would be scary, so I invited him over my house to play it, he accepted.

Part 2 is here

second_video (http://www.aopy22.dsl.pipex.com/alpha2.wmv)

CaptNKILL
08-19-04, 01:48 AM
Funny... but the other one was better with the kids freaking out. Fake or not, the womanlike scream, and then the elephant noise (slowed down) were hilarious :D

I dont understand how people can get so freaked out by this stuff. I remember one single time that i jumped when playing. Right after that scene where you meed the first imp, you go through a door and walk across an elevated area with a railing. In that room you kill another, no big deal. Then you go into the next room and one surprises you... I turned around to see that another had come from behind me, when i saw it i jumped.

Cant say the game actually SCARED me at any point after that. Probably because I always watched my back from that point on.

Cheimison
08-19-04, 01:50 AM
Hahahaha.
I was almost that bad when I played They Hunger for Half-Life.

CaptNKILL
08-19-04, 02:09 AM
You know, i get more freaked out playing the original Doom and being in a dark room and hearing a pinky demon growl. That sounds gives me the creeps... dont think any sounds in Doom 3 do though...

ClosetFanBoy
08-19-04, 02:22 AM
i think it's a phobia. i talked a buddy of mine into buying the game and he refuses to finish it. i've seen people freak out over a spider crawling on the wall, so i guess a scary game, movie etc. might have the same effect on someone who really doesnt like that kind of stuff.

baller99
08-19-04, 02:37 AM
I thought doom 1 12 years ago was a more scary. Funny...I can't recall that game having pixel shaders or dynamic lighting, hell the first 3d cards were still 3 years away when the game was released. :| Btw...I agree with the previous poster about the pinky sounds in the dark.

Cheimison
08-19-04, 03:01 AM
The original Doom never scared me, although I sometimes got anxious if I couldn't figure out where an enemy was. After you get the rocket launcher (what, the fourth level or so) it's just run and gun.

Kamel
08-19-04, 03:44 AM
doom3 scares the **** out of me, i will admit it.

not to mention it is very repulsive to me... i mean, when i played resident evil, i sat there and intensly watched the screen trying to figure out riddles and how i could possibly advance in the game. it scared me, but i was sucked in beyond return. doom3 just makes me not want to play it. sure it's scary, and sure they did a great job with the environment, but the game's plot is seemingly so lacking and uncomplex that i find myself struggling to bring myself to even play the game. still monumental, and definitely the best game out yet visually IMO, but i don't like it. for some odd reason i find a strange desire in me to play a good RPG after playing doom3.

holmes
08-19-04, 01:25 PM
Oh man, that's hilarious! While I did my fair share of jumping.. I don't think it was ever like that...
hehe
:drooling:

Mr. Hunt
08-19-04, 02:36 PM
That is much funnier than the kids one.... I don't understand how anybody could get that scared at a game. But the best part was watching him barely move forward listening to the speakers and then screaming like that.

ricercar
08-19-04, 02:45 PM
I jump in my chair every time I play Doom3 through that corridor where the electrical panel bursts. The monsters aren't as scary to me as that damn panel blowing off.

However, I do find that Doom3 is self-regulating. I cannot stay up all night playing because it's too creepy, expecially in 5.1 audio.

marqmajere
08-19-04, 11:22 PM
Link is down. :(

Cheimison
08-20-04, 01:59 AM
Imps don't scare me anymore, you get used to the bastards popping out from the utility closet and trying to set you on fire with an 8mph fireball (who gave them the ****ty projectiles?), but zombies catch me off gaurd because they're so damn still and quiet until you trip them off.

Ludic
08-20-04, 07:07 PM
Link is down. :( :lame:

Mathesar
08-20-04, 07:10 PM
Darn I missed this thread , links arent working anymore :|

ClosetFanBoy
08-21-04, 01:23 AM
bandwidth issue apparently.. i guess their looking for a host.