PDA

View Full Version : Once again Valve screws us on HL2 pre-load

aAv7
08-19-04, 11:33 PM
So we should have gotten it on the 17th....then Gabe stated yesterday we'd get it today....that fell through....where's it at? Let me guess "due to the overwhelming amount of users flooding steam, we wanted to push the HL2 pre-load back" BS. Something smells fishy here....and as usual they dont make a statement to ease gamers minds. I'm starting to think the game is being held back to 11/1. =/ Here we are worrying about what card to play it on....and what for? It needs to actually ship first. :rolleyes:

intercede007
08-19-04, 11:46 PM
Once again, how do you feel "screwed" when it's free?

You haven't paid for a product you expected to recieve on the 17th. If Vavle wants to release the pre-load on 10/30 that's their priority. I know if I was the developer I wouldn't be too happy about releasing my new game into the wild before it hits shelves.

Sit back and crack open a cold one. It'll ship when it's done :)

|JuiceZ|
08-19-04, 11:50 PM
whats the use of having a preload w/o the rest of the game? As long as its availible w/ its done, I'll be happen. Just having the benchmark *on time* made me feel a 'lil better this go round.

Mikeyb
08-19-04, 11:55 PM
Do you see the stress on the servers! that was for a select group for CS:S. I don't think 5000 Megabits is something they can hold for long. They will need some serious bandwidth!

Mikeyb
08-19-04, 11:56 PM
http://www.steampowered.com/status/tmp/public/content-servers-2days-00-200408192125.png Check it out!

|JuiceZ|
08-20-04, 12:04 AM
agreed.

Mr. Hunt
08-20-04, 12:25 AM
I don't see how anybody is surprised when the game gets pushed back :\. I would be surprised if the game was actually released.

aAv7
08-20-04, 10:32 AM
I understand it's just a pre-load....unplayable, but it's the principal. Every date they've given us has been delayed, if not a year, at least a day or two. Even CS:s. They need to drop the whole release date gimmick and go the way of id..."when it's done" Furthermore, when they know a month, a week, even a day ahead of time that something isnt gonna meet schedule...it'd be nice of them to make a post somehwere or put out a press release so were not in the dark about it. =/

:: must settle down and tell myself it's only a game :: ::gives himself abuse therapy ::

superklye
08-20-04, 11:01 AM
yeah, i agree completely with ultimate's last post. Delay it, fine. I'm okay with that, becuase it means they care enough to get the game as right as possible before shipping it.

But for the love of God, GIVE US A HEADS UP!

Cheimison
08-21-04, 01:13 AM
Half-Life 2 doesn't actually exist. It's a bunch of sequences rendered in Maya. CS: Source is just a graphics/physics hack with no real basis. Valve is just setting us up for something insidious.

nippyjun
08-21-04, 01:21 AM
Will the final HL2 download on steam be as soon as the game goes gold, or will it be on the same day that the game is available in stores?

-=DVS=-
08-21-04, 02:38 AM
It was all a conspiracy to delay HalfLife 2 !!! they preload CS:Source Knowingly that servers will overload and then with ease announce delay :inform:

Wylde
08-21-04, 04:11 AM
It was all a conspiracy to delay HalfLife 2 !!! they preload CS:Source Knowingly that servers will overload and then with ease announce delay :inform:

LMFAO :lol2: