PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-31-02, 08:17 PM
Hey, whats up, eh, oh yeah, I wanna buy a water cooling system, and I don't want a crappy one, and I don't wanna pay too much. Anyways, I am looking at one its called Aquastealth II Extreme kit. It looks pretty nice, here is a review I guess, here. (http://www.pimprig.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=65) Anyways, for those of you who do know about water cooling, what do you guys think of this kit? Is it crap? or not? lol, anyways, umm... on that site, they reviewed it on a old crap CPU anyways, so I don't know how it would cool my P4. Suggestions please?:D

budd_wm
10-31-02, 11:14 PM
Dunno about the kit, but how much are you willing to spend? I'll be watercooling myself when I build my new system (in two weeks :D), but I'm actually buying a Koolance case for that and not an actual kit.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-31-02, 11:22 PM
I should have done that to begin with.:D

fishlung
11-01-02, 01:01 AM
The kit you linked to looks pretty top notch. It also looks really expensive. ;) Not that a Koolance isn't expensive.

I bought my own kit/parts from http://www.overclockershideout.com . It's been a year since I bought the stuff. What they sell now is probably a lot better, and still fairly inexpensive for what you get, in my opinion. I bought a kit with anodized reservoir/pump, CPU water block, small radiator and the necessary hose and clamps. I think it was about $150 after shipping/tax. It was really easy to install, and I'm currently running my 1.5 GHz Athlon 1800+ at 1.664 MHz, full load temp being around 43 C. I've had no problems for a year now.

So, I'd say it's about as good as anything else out there. Maybe not as easy and new as the Koolance. I don't remember the last price I saw for a Koolance, but I guess if you like the case, it's a decent price. (not sure if a PSU is included)

My temperatures might be better if my radiator wasn't near my power supply on the inside of the case. Next case mod will be a little different maybe. Anyway... good luck.