PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP SP2 ~ A problems with outllook

Rob80
08-20-04, 06:32 PM
Hi, I installed SP2 last night and now have a little problem. I can't open my email (outlook express) or internet browers. When I click on the outlook icon OR the internet explorer icon, it opens the "internet properties" tab. The only way I can open an internet window is by pressing the preset internet buttons on my keyboard. I cna't open the outlook at all. If I try to open it by clicking on the desktop icon ~ no good... Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this??? Many thanks!

Riptide
08-20-04, 10:57 PM
Well, you might be able to remove SP2 if you suspect that's what caused it. Try checking add/remove programs in the CPL and see if you can do that. You might also try removing any specialized software that lets you have those preset buttons on your keyboard as that could be interfering with things if the program isn't compatible w/SP2. That's kind of a strange problem you got there.

remymarten
08-26-04, 01:12 PM
Check and make sure Outlook is still listed as default mail. I had the same problem. When I clicked start and then the E-Mail icon after I installed SP2 it would bring up the Internet properties box instead of Outlook. Once I made Outlook my default all was well again.