PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3 & 61.77 drivers

Ghosthunter
08-21-04, 01:34 AM
Overall Thief 3 plays great but I notice this one issue and it drives me nuts, when I look around and an object is in my focal point that I can interact with, for example say a door, or loot i can pick up, or a sign and what happens is the entire screen flickers with random textures showing up all over the screen. I can try to get a screenshot but hard to do.

It only happens when an object is in view that I can interact it..but it doesnt always happen, it just depends which angle I am looking at it.

Having no problems with any other games, using directx 9.0c and latest drivers 61.77

Is this normal or a bug? Thanks

s-flow
08-21-04, 06:03 AM
Overall Thief 3 plays great but I notice this one issue and it drives me nuts, when I look around and an object is in my focal point that I can interact with, for example say a door, or loot i can pick up, or a sign and what happens is the entire screen flickers with random textures showing up all over the screen. I can try to get a screenshot but hard to do.

It only happens when an object is in view that I can interact it..but it doesnt always happen, it just depends which angle I am looking at it.

Having no problems with any other games, using directx 9.0c and latest drivers 61.77

There is a patch for Thief 3 it may help.
http://dlh.net/getfile.php?40:/Thief3/t3patch.zip

ATI_Dude
08-21-04, 06:44 AM

Unfortunately it's completely normal. I've experienced the problem with a GeForce FX 5950 Ultra using pre 6x.xx drivers and now also with my new 6800 Ultra using the latest 6x.xx drivers. Initially I thought my card was overclocked too high, but even at stock speed the artifacts show up. I suspect it's an issue with the game engine.

Templar
08-21-04, 08:04 AM
happens every now and then here to.. rare tho.
Just changing the angle a bit takes it away.

Simon

Ghosthunter
08-21-04, 12:18 PM
ok thanks all...i did download the patch but from what i understand that only fixes the difficulty issue..

it just drives me nuts..i know i am picky lol

DRen72
08-23-04, 02:58 PM
Yep..same here. No fix that I can find.