PDA

View Full Version : if you had the opportunity to redesign D3 .... what will u do?..

Nv40
08-21-04, 02:39 AM
if you had the opportunity to redesign D3 the way you like what will u do?..

hey i was thinking about your ideas ,what will be really awesome if Doom3 had out of the box ..to rate it a perfect 10+. ???
what would you do if the game design depends entirely on your feedback. ?

here is my list..

1) MUltiplayer offline just like QUake3.. this is by far my biggest complain. i have a poor 56k conection ,and i was expecting to see quake3 style of multiplayer ,where you can fight againts the Bots.

2)more multiplayer options ,like CTF and something else like capture the zombie. :D

3)more game outdoors not just small areas or rides that you can only see through windows ,but have some hours playing in Bigger enviroments.. at just can't stand anymore the closer spaces. :D

4) more weapons .. a flamethrower like the one in kinping :D and the quake2 railgun would be awesome too there ,another weapons that i will love to see that non game yet have ..are like the ability to hit monters or anything you want with a large piece of Wood? :D i mean a really Big one.. that will be awesome for multiplayer.. take someone by surprise an smack them in their head. :D give also zombies or any evil human to also do this.but also the ability to use as a projectile any object or weapon in the floor. :)

5)driveable terrain vehicles. and driveable space ships ,just like Halo that will be really awesome ...

6) higher polygons for every monters or humans character with many more animations.

7) a game story that begins in mars the first half and ends in planet earth .with more nature like enviroments , forest ,wind and waters effects.

8)more interactive enviroments that you can destroy or build .

9) finally better sounds effects ,with more movie like sounds for the weapons and the monters ..

if at least the first 2 in my list were added in the game ,it will have a perfect 10 in my rating. with more features it will pass the rating scale.. and there will be no rating for it. :)

Mr. Hunt
08-21-04, 04:23 AM
Hmmmm.... Longer game, double barreled shotgun, and every light in the entire game should be breakable :).

Nv40
08-21-04, 06:02 AM
Hmmmm.... Longer game, double barreled shotgun, and every light in the entire game should be breakable :).

there are breakable lights in the game.. one of the reasons i not used that much grenades ,because rooms were darker. :) but not every one is that way.. its a design decision albeit it will be nice if all were that way. :)

Arioch
08-21-04, 06:39 AM
How about some high resolution textures.

Nv40
08-21-04, 06:44 AM
How about some high resolution textures.

only that? :)

or those i covered almost everything in my first post?
any other ideas for gameplay or game features are welcome. :)

Arioch
08-21-04, 07:19 AM
only that? :)

or those i covered almost everything in my first post?
any other ideas for gameplay or game features are welcome. :)

Well that was the first obvious one that came off the top of my head. Here are some more, a few have already been mentioned:

1. More outdoor environments
2. More levels in Hell
3. Coop mode
4. Double-Barreled Shotgun
5. Additional multiplayer modes (Being able to play as a monster would be cool - something like the mercenary vs. spy in SC:Pandora Tomorrow)

Slyder
08-21-04, 07:27 AM
1. More outdoor environments
2. More levels in Hell
3. Coop mode
4. Double-Barreled Shotgun
5. Additional multiplayer modes (Being able to play as a monster would be cool - something like the mercenary vs. spy in SC:Pandora Tomorrow)

I agreee with all 5 points, and I would also add what i think made Doom.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevin.robson2/5.gif

Mr. Hunt
08-21-04, 03:20 PM
Ahhh yes... I can't believe I didn't mention the face :(.

Nutty
08-21-04, 04:06 PM
I'm sure after last years Quakecon, they said they were gonna put a MP mode in, where demons randomly spawn in, just for a laugh.. Cant see it.. :(

jAkUp
08-21-04, 04:33 PM
i dunno why they didnt add the face... a 3d rendered face would be cool :) and bring back the old doom feeling. doom3 doesnt feel too much like doom to me.

aAv7
08-21-04, 04:54 PM
I agree jakup...it doesnt feel like doom at all.

I would include a higher res texture pak, for those with high-end cards...

Co-op mode

Brighter areas that arent so small.

Less monsters jumping out at you and more A.I with them using ways to sneak attack you, etc.

Better MP

I'd fire carmack

Cheimison
08-21-04, 10:13 PM
Add Cooperative
Redo a couple textures (the majority of them are fine, people overstate the texturing issue)
Add a secret function that allows me to electrocute people on MP when they complain because my multiplayer framerate is 4x theirs. I paid $900, punk, I think I've bought the right to waste you online.

Sazar
08-21-04, 10:20 PM
it was a decent enough game :)

a coupla larger maps/less repetitive levels and a little better story-line woulda made a nice difference..

wrt face... a 3D rendered body woulda been kewl too :D

on the whole... since I have spent a week w/o playing this game I kinda have over-looked some of the "flaws" and am concentrating more on the positive aspects of the game :thumbsup:

mezkal
08-22-04, 05:58 AM
You guys have got it all wrong :-

Naked chicks and lots of them :P

mezkal
08-22-04, 06:00 AM
I agree jakup...it doesnt feel like doom at all.

I would include a higher res texture pak, for those with high-end cards...

Co-op mode

Brighter areas that arent so small.

Less monsters jumping out at you and more A.I with them using ways to sneak attack you, etc.

Better MP

I'd fire carmack

Two words for ya buddy :-

DICK HEAD.

You'd fire Carmack. LOL You have no chance in life of ever getting to where he's at. Get over your lame self.

Riptide
08-22-04, 10:19 AM
Two words for ya buddy :-

DICK HEAD.

You'd fire Carmack. LOL You have no chance in life of ever getting to where he's at. Get over your lame self.
(popcorn)

aAv7
08-22-04, 03:13 PM
edited to stop the flame war and prevent banning.

Cheimison
08-22-04, 07:47 PM
I hate people.

ClosetFanBoy
08-22-04, 07:53 PM
i dunno if i would redesign anything. the dble barrel shotty would be nice. a greenhouse level would have been nice too :)

Kamel
08-23-04, 01:38 AM
1) vehicles. vehicles are a new and good trend -- operation flashpoint started it, battlefield 1942 made it enjoyable, ut2004 perfected it.

2) make the environment more manipulative, not make it feel like you're being thrown into a fake world with a bunch of fancy looking things which are only there for your eye's entertainment (as opposed to your mind's entertainment).

3) for fekks sake put some high quality textures in it, even higher than can be placed on the fastest cards' memory, because the cards will expand for it; i'm sure.

4) make the physics worth a crap

5) the whole fixed ticks thing is completely retarded. i would make it an option, and possibly only enabled for multiplayer, depending on punkbuster.

6) i would make a geometry detail setting that actually changes geometry detail an amount worth mentioning. who gives a **** if it brings the fastest card down to its knees, you don't need to have it enabled.

7) the plot is seriously lacking. i would add a girl or some drama or something, anything, to make the plot more in depth. if need-be, i would have contacted the people who wrote storylines for anime series about possibly making the plot for the game.

8) add more mind games and puzzles; challenges to the player who needs to logically work out the sequences. this game is fairly easy to go straight through. sure it's got a small puzzle type scenerio from time to time, but it feels like its been tacked on and given very little care.

that's all i guess. really my biggest complaint is how horribly unscalable this game is. i guess that's how i feel about most every game though. really, as far as the actual game and the enjoyment goes though, definitely the plot.

mezkal
08-23-04, 01:54 AM
I hate people.

I'm sure they feel the same way about you Mr. Misanthrope :P

Shaitan
08-23-04, 12:22 PM
a: larger areas... this game is pretty tight hallcrawlwise. the tightest I ever played to date. Too tight.

b: more outdoor areas, and windows showing more outdoor areas.

c: I wouldn`t place the enemy triggers in the same areas all the time. Do the unexpected... put powerups/ammo in spots where the player THINKS he may get attacked but doesn`t. Mix it up more.

d: co op

e: more than 4 player mp.

f: darkness is way overused in games to scare players, or try to scare players. What scares me the most is not getting jumped in the dark. It is seeing the creatures coming... the knowing they are coming after me. So more dimly lit areas as apposed to totally dark.

I can even handle totally dark.... if we were just allowed the weapon with attached flashlight. You would think they felt DOOM 3s scare factor totally relied on the darkness. If so... that blows. Dark does not equate to making the games more scary. It may help somewhat, but if overused, it gets old really fast.