PDA

View Full Version : 65.62 game profiles broken?

macachia
08-21-04, 10:50 AM
Hi,

i'm using the 65.62 drivers and i'm having some difficulty with the game profiles options.

If i set call of duty multiplayer to use fsaa 4x and af at 16x...then ALL games will be forced with these settings...even though global driver settings are set to ''application preference''

any idea if this option is broken under the 65.62s?

thanks

regards
macachia

FearMeAll
08-21-04, 07:35 PM
man I don't know..app profiles are working like a champ for me just like they did with all previous driver sets. If I were you I'd uninstall the drivers through add/remove programs and then run driver cleaner...then reinstall the 65.62's.
They work great for me..just sounds like maybe you have some registry conflicts.
Wish you the best.

macachia
08-22-04, 03:04 AM
i'm a (newb)

thanks for the reply :) i didn;t notice the tick boxes for each profile, now it works like a charm

i'm liking my 6800u more than my his x800xt now :) better yet, it clocked 453/1202 using the autodetect button :)

thanks again!

FearMeAll
08-22-04, 08:29 AM
i'm a (newb)

thanks for the reply :) i didn;t notice the tick boxes for each profile, now it works like a charm

i'm liking my 6800u more than my his x800xt now :) better yet, it clocked 453/1202 using the autodetect button :)

thanks again!
wow you have both! GOOD FOR YOU!
I never thought I'd like NV like this again but yeah everything is running perfect for me too..
Be sure to tell us when HL2 is ever released if you really notice a difference between gameplay in the two cards.
I'm no fanboy but I love to hear how different brands of technology perform. If one performs better than the other it doesn't make me mad,etc..
ALso one thing that I am dying to know and I know this thread is probably not the best place to ask, but with your x800xt, do you ever notice the aniso optimizations?? I mean do you ever see banding? If not that's really cool and may cause me to try getting an x800xt if it ever becomes available to me.
I notice a little shimmering with opts on on the GT but right now since the drivers are young I am withholding any judgement.
thanks.

macachia
08-22-04, 04:47 PM
i never noticed banding with ati's opts....although i do like nvidia's af quality more, dont know how to explain it, but its more vibrant and crisp

all in all, both are great cards

FearMeAll
08-22-04, 05:43 PM
i never noticed banding with ati's opts....although i do like nvidia's af quality more, dont know how to explain it, but its more vibrant and crisp

all in all, both are great cards
just what I wanted to know..thanks man.
Enjoy your 2 kickass cards!!
It's great being a 3dcard enthusiast this round.