PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Difficulty Level

Cheimison
08-21-04, 10:54 PM
Doom three on 'normal' is too easy. Should I play the hard mode or edit the cfg so I can play Nitemare?

Kev1
08-21-04, 11:20 PM
Jeesh, Im playing on easiest setting and I've already died a few times. Those demons can kinda take advantage of you (me) fumbling with the flash light (ack)

Cheimison
08-22-04, 12:53 AM
Their AI sucks, though. Plus you can see them in the dark, at least I can. The imp lights himself up. I wait until he starts to toss his fireball and shoot him with the shotgun, he usually goes down with one hit. Of course I've been playing FPS games for ten years.

kahloq
08-22-04, 09:52 PM
Nightmare difficulty...for your information...drops your health by 5 every 10secs or so.

blueworm
08-23-04, 10:53 AM
I found doom3 really easy up until ther HELL level then it gets REALLY hard no ammo no life. I've allready lost interest in the game. Its too monotonous.
Cant wait for RTCW2 or some total conversions of the engine.

ynnek
08-23-04, 05:31 PM
Its not that bad actually. True you have limited ammo, but as long as you don't go wasting it, you should be fine.

For me, what happens is occasionally the monster and its scripted spawnings would catch me off guard and I would make a mistake or 3, causing me to die, or be practically dead... but since its all scripted, when I reload, I know exactly what to do and expect..

I found doom3 really easy up until ther HELL level then it gets REALLY hard no ammo no life. I've allready lost interest in the game. Its too monotonous.
Cant wait for RTCW2 or some total conversions of the engine.

kahloq
08-23-04, 05:49 PM
Happened to me several times..getting startled and making a mistake by switching to wrong gun or bumbling through trying to get to the gun I want using scroll wheel on mouse. If I died, yeah, you know where the stuff will be. As far as no ammo or no health in the HELL lvls, ummm, Im not sure where you were looking BUT I FOUND quite alot of ammo and health packs scattered in HELL.

blueworm
08-23-04, 06:30 PM
Happened to me several times..getting startled and making a mistake by switching to wrong gun or bumbling through trying to get to the gun I want using scroll wheel on mouse. If I died, yeah, you know where the stuff will be. As far as no ammo or no health in the HELL lvls, ummm, Im not sure where you were looking BUT I FOUND quite alot of ammo and health packs scattered in HELL.
Is there a flash light anywhere in hell I was fumbling in the dark for most of the time?

kahloq
08-23-04, 06:33 PM
Nope sorry no flashlight :( Thats one thing I missed alot in HELL...however...without giving anything away.....its possible that you may aquire another flashlight.

superklye
08-23-04, 10:22 PM
my primary monitor is naturally dark and I can't see ANYTHING. I had the brightness cranked all the way and still could barely see anything. It sucks. It makes the game so much scarier and really for no good reason.

I HATE it when those damned imps are lying in wait for you and they dive tackle you. It scares the **** out of me and it drains a lot of health usually.

Cheimison
08-24-04, 02:08 AM
I just made a chainshotgun mod specifically because of Delta Lab experiences. It fires shotgun shells at 2000rounds/second from a 6000 round magazine. I find it makes the game a lot less scary, and a lot more ridiculous (the enemies fly about 90 feet when you shoot them).

Jarred
08-25-04, 01:08 AM
Nightmare difficulty...for your information...drops your health by 5 every 10secs or so.

yeah but it stops at 25, and you get a soulcube close to the start.

Cheimison
08-25-04, 09:45 PM
Personally, I almost never get hit and I constantly walk around with close to max ammo, 100 health and 125 armour. If this game doesn't start getting hard fast I'm just going to have to try nightmare.

Geordan
09-02-04, 07:36 PM
All hail cheimison the master doom 3 player. Man, if I could get framerates like him and shoot the bad guys like him, all the girlies at school would love me.

-Geordan

BioHazZarD
09-03-04, 04:13 PM
screw normal mode.

ynnek
09-04-04, 01:07 AM
The first half of the game as like that.. then it gets a bit harder.. then it gets easy again... then a bit harder.... then the end is reallly easy..

Personally, I almost never get hit and I constantly walk around with close to max ammo, 100 health and 125 armour. If this game doesn't start getting hard fast I'm just going to have to try nightmare.

oldsk00l
09-04-04, 10:13 AM
Chemison - where might a person find that mod?

sabrewulf165
09-04-04, 10:56 AM
I miss the good old days of Doom/Doom2/Quake1 nightmare, where monsters were mowed down by the dozens, and you were having fights with the largest most powerful enemies in the game by the middle of the second or third level :D (well that was mostly quake but ya get the point)