PDA

View Full Version : 6800 freezes during game then...

Rob80
08-22-04, 12:04 AM
This has happen 3 times to me now. I'm 5 minutes into DOOM 3, then the game locks up for about 5 seconds. :retard:
After the five seconds has passed and I'm able to move around again, I lose half of my graphics, All I can see are the lights on the walls (where the walls would be ~ you can't see them), and any other object that lights up (i.e.. Computer screens).

Is this a damaged card? Here's what I know;
I don't think it's power (460W; +12v=33A)
I don't think it's temp (aduls at 58C)

I'm playing the game at 1152x864 on high detail and it's smooth for the most part little stutter here and there. If any of you might have a suggest to tweak something, I'd really like to hear from you. Many thanks!

eva2000
08-22-04, 12:17 AM
try all the below gotten off evga.com forums (http://evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?whichpage=3&Forum_Title=GeForce+6+Family+Forum&Topic_Title=Having+problems+with+your+card%3F++REA D+HERE+FIRST%21&CAT_ID=1&FORUM_ID=23&TOPIC_ID=3976)

Below you can all see New Threads Started and Fixes that rectified their problems
Please also follow carefully the beginning of this entire thread. People are racing through and missing things.

ALL successful fixes listed below, have been covered already in this thread, So I must emphasize again
"READ THIS WHOLE THREAD"
Even if it does not mention your problem EXACTLY, work through the suggestions listed ONE by ONE. Never do 2 changes at once, and confirm every update or program you re-install has actually fully installed before moving onto the next step.

===

Screen Scrambles
System Hang
Fixes
Change DVI Ports (Ultra)
Download latest 6800 Ultra/EE Bios
Set 2D/3D clock speeds to the same
Re-Install nVidia Display Drivers
Re-Install Chipset Drivers

6800 Ultra Strange Occurance - System hangs and does not Boot into Windows
Fixes
Re-install nVidia Display drivers
Re-Install chipset drivers

Screen Artifacting
Fixes
Change DVI Ports (Ultra)
Download latest 6800 Ultra/EE Bios
Set 2D/3D clock speeds to the same
Re-Install nVidia Display Drivers
Re-Install Chipset Drivers
If you have Antec TruePower 550W you must use the Front Control Panel.

Random Black Screens during gameplay
Fixes
Change to other DVI Port (you probably have it plugged in the secondary port)
Primary Monitor should be plugged into the port closest to the screw that holds your card to the case.

System dropping back to Desktop while in middle of game
Fixes
System/card Overheating - Use deskfan to blow into case to confirm
Keep cooling simple - only really need 2 x 80mm fans as exhaust.
Too many fans cause turbulance and make things worse and louder.