View Full Version : URGENT: Samsung dvi not working after NView adjustments

nickmirro
08-22-04, 12:54 AM
Using FX 5900, I've lost digital. These 2 display devices go to the one card:

Samsung 173P digital lcd monitor
Proxima dlp analog projector (vga)

First time with this nvidia card, I set it up so the vga output will send 1
res. to the projector (a movie), and digital higher res. to the Samsung. We
watched the movie while the Samsung kepts its own desktop and res.

After the movie, I play with the nvidia utility to try to get back to 1
desktop going to only 1 device (the Samsung). Now even after multiple reinstalls of all card and monitor drivers...

1. XP's display properties shows only 1 monitor under "settings."
2. The monitor no longer shows a dvi signal if connected and rebooted, even
in dos mode.
3. (Misc.) My toolbars cannot be set to autohide. XP says a toolbar on the side is already set to autohide, when there the old one is no longer there.

Has the Samsung EDID been damaged?

I have only 3 days left to return either the card or $700 monitor, though I no longer have the monitor box, and it is from Fry's. How can I find out what is wrong?

|JuiceZ|
08-22-04, 02:04 AM
Two things:

-Did you try the "detect displays" option after reinstalling the card/drivers?

-What vers drivers are you using?

nickmirro
08-22-04, 08:12 AM
Thanks for your help here. I can no longer find a "detect display" option. I reinstalled to the latest drivers on the nvidia site. 64.14.10.6177 I also tried PNY's drivers.

After reinstalling drivers, the wizard never re-appeared. That is where the option to choose dualview, span or clone was. I think it was the cause of the problem.

Are the drivers not being fully uninstalled preventing launching of the wizard?

If the card were functioning properly, would 2 displays be detected even if the monitor were not connected?

nickmirro
08-22-04, 10:44 AM
Error correction. I can find the detect display option under 'troubleshooting' but nothing happens when it is clicked. As a last measure I ran the 3rd party "Driver Cleaner" and then reinstalled. Still only one analog monitor is detected.