PDA

View Full Version : Good LCD

Blacklash
08-22-04, 06:21 PM
I am thinking about trying a LCD monitor. This Viewsonic CRT has been very good to me though. I am wondering if any of you can recommend a quality LCD. It does not need a lot of features other than color fidelity/accurate colors. I do not want pink white's and other such things. So recommend with that in mind, accurate colors first and foremost. Size doesn't really matter in relation to said issue. I would like to stay around a 1,000usd or below.

stncttr908
08-22-04, 07:16 PM
If you act fast, you can get a Dell 2001FP for $719 + tax.

If you're looking to go LCD and have a budget that large you can't go wrong with this deal.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=04&sku=320-1578&category_id=4009

|JuiceZ|
08-23-04, 03:24 PM
If you act fast, you can get a Dell 2001FP for $719 + tax.

If you're looking to go LCD and have a budget that large you can't go wrong with this deal.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=04&sku=320-1578&category_id=4009

Dang, was gonna recommend the VP201s but thats one heck of a deal :thumbsup:

Riptide
08-24-04, 01:17 AM
Damn... That is tempting. Two of those things would sure be nice. :)

nutball
08-24-04, 04:08 AM
I am thinking about trying a LCD monitor. This Viewsonic CRT has been very good to me though. I am wondering if any of you can recommend a quality LCD. It does not need a lot of features other than color fidelity/accurate colors. I do not want pink white's and other such things. So recommend with that in mind, accurate colors first and foremost. Size doesn't really matter in relation to said issue. I would like to stay around a 1,000usd or below.

How accurate is accurate?

The best way to get truly accurate colours is a good monitor and a hardware calibration device (eg. Spyder) to make yourself an ICC profile. That might cost a lil' bit more than your $1000 though, but if you're wanting to print digital photos for example, it can't be beat for accuracy.

lightman
08-24-04, 07:03 AM
As nutball said.

Plus, keep in mind that there aren't many LCD that are actually suited to do graphic/photo work, because of their (relatively) poor color accuracy/rendition. That is, even with an hardware calibrator (like, e.g., the aforementioned Spyder or the Monaco OptixXR) there are quite a number of lcds that won't give you anywhere near good results.

Should I name a really good LCD, that'd be any of the Apple Cinema HD, but they're quite out of your price range...