PDA

View Full Version : overclocking even more

digitaljaguar38
08-22-04, 09:55 PM
Ok here is a update I have!

I have a amd 64 3200 still at stock its 2.0ghz of course!
I have it running at 2.32ghz with my kingston hyper x-pc4000 ram two stick of thoughs! I have water cooling with m overclock I have my temps at 28c idle and about 42c load while gaming! My mobo is a K8NSO PRO NFORCE3 250! I want to if there is any room to keep overclicking I woild really like to get to 2.6ghz or just higher than I do now! Is this is all I can ask for from this cpu or what! Note if I try to oc my cpu to a 2.35 I get freezing and pausing in my benchmarks and its unstable! Anyone have the same cpu and what do u have it oc to! By the way i also have a 6800gt from bfg is that matters for ocing my cpu! I really look forward to everyones replies TY
:-)

|JuiceZ|
08-22-04, 10:46 PM
That a good o'c so far. If you get pausing after hitting 2.35Ghz, you need to up the vcore. Whats yer multiplier & FSB set to?

Sazar
08-22-04, 11:35 PM
can you guys tell me how CnQ reacts to an overclocked computer?

does it still downclock to 800mhz and then just ramp to max OC clock ?

mustrum
08-23-04, 05:13 AM
Everything you want to know you'll find here:
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3

Keep in mind: Only a primestable OC is a stable OC.

digitaljaguar38
08-23-04, 11:58 AM
That a good o'c so far. If you get pausing after hitting 2.35Ghz, you need to up the vcore. Whats yer multiplier & FSB set to?

Fore some reason with easytuner 4 it wont let me move the muliplier but my SYSTEM BUS IS 232MHZ rightn ow if I use clock gen to over clock i can use the multiplier but then it dont keep my pci and agp set a 33 and 66 but in my mobo bios i can get them to that but then again I thinhk clock gen still moves my agp and pci!

|JuiceZ|
08-23-04, 03:26 PM
Fore some reason with easytuner 4 it wont let me move the muliplier but my SYSTEM BUS IS 232MHZ rightn ow if I use clock gen to over clock i can use the multiplier but then it dont keep my pci and agp set a 33 and 66 but in my mobo bios i can get them to that but then again I thinhk clock gen still moves my agp and pci!

If thats the case, it sounds like the agp/pci lock is not kicking in. I'm not familiar with the K8Ns in particular but on the MSI K8N Plat, we have to set the agp speed ot 67mhz in bios in order to enable the lock.

Since you're multiplier is at the default on 10x, sounds like yer running the FSB @ 232Mhz? Are you still runing yer vcore @ default voltage?

digitaljaguar38
08-23-04, 10:00 PM
Since you're multiplier is at the default on 10x, sounds like yer running the FSB @ 232Mhz? Are you still runing yer vcore @ default voltage?[/QUOTE]

I see well for some reason I cant update my bios i go tto update and then it downloads and stuff then i reboot and at the bios load screen it still says bios F1 and other way I can get the bios to update or something I do not have a floppy drive to boot the bios from so that wont work maybe the new bois's will unlock my multiplier or something! I runn my ram voltage at 2.6 and my cpu at 1.6!! Yes I am running my FSB at 232mhz