PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead/Noob Overclocking Util Question BFG 6800 Ultra

OverpaidSlacker
08-23-04, 02:57 PM
Why is it that when I go into the 6800Ultra utility and ask it to detect optimal frequencies (447/1.13, not bad) will it not re-load those freq's EVEN THOUGH I've checked the "apply these frequencies at startup" box and clicked "apply." Over and over again.

I know it's not that big a deal, but I'm lazy and I don't want to have waited the 75 seconds for FarCry to load and then load a level, only to realize I didn't re-optimize the freaking card and have to close out and start all over again. In other words, please help me so I don't have to keep kicking my own forgetful a$$.

TIA

JP

saturnotaku
08-23-04, 03:03 PM
This is a known problem in the drivers. You have to set your clock speeds manually and make sure the 2D and 3D are the same. Set 447/1130 in 2D, test, apply, repeat for 3D, set, check the startup box, apply and you should be fine.

burningrave101
08-23-04, 06:02 PM
I would suggest using RivaTuner or a similar OC'ing utility to set the frequencies you find with CoolBits instead of setting the 2D settings to that of the 3D. The whole purpose in having seperate 2D and 3D settings is so that your card doesn't have to run those higher clock speeds under normal non-gaming operations thus prolonging its lifespan.