PDA

View Full Version : EQ II Character Creation Disk

Blacklash
08-23-04, 08:03 PM
Anyone creating toons for EQ II? I have it pre ordered and have been experimenting with character creation. Here's a few:

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/9794/EverQuest2CC2004-08-2320-51-49-00.th.jpg (http://img37.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img37&image=EverQuest2CC2004-08-2320-51-49-00.jpg)http://img37.exs.cx/img37/2500/EverQuest2CC2004-08-2320-58-56-14.th.jpg (http://img37.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img37&image=EverQuest2CC2004-08-2320-58-56-14.jpg)http://img37.exs.cx/img37/3701/EverQuest2CC2004-08-2320-58-29-68.th.jpg (http://img37.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img37&image=EverQuest2CC2004-08-2320-58-29-68.jpg)

Ghosthunter
08-23-04, 08:07 PM
i just got it myself today..looking forward to it hopefully EQ2 will support 6800 series unlike EQ1

Mr. Hunt
08-23-04, 08:13 PM
You have to preorder to get it? :(

Blacklash
08-23-04, 09:15 PM
You have to preorder to get it? :(

It is part of a "starter kit" they send you when you preorder, yes. I ordered it from EB and got the disk in a few days.

On EQ, yes I had alot of fun in it when I started it in '99. I played til the release of PoP then I had enough. Everquest did may things right and some wrong. It certainly helped pave the way for a larger MMORPG market.

These games are evolving, in my opinion, for the better. EQ II will certainly have flaws yet still be worth playing. I am looking forward to it.

Mr. Hunt
08-23-04, 09:45 PM
I don't know if I want the game or not yet... I think I may pass... it looks great and everything but I just remembered that EQ 1 had a billion expansion packs and I hate paying a monthly fee and then having to pay more money for something else :\.

Blacklash
08-23-04, 11:28 PM
Hey I tried Lineage II and I didn't even get kissed first. Anywho EQ II will be fine for me>

EQ trivia just for fun:

Tunare = Nature
E'ci = Ice
Rathe = Earth
Povar = Vapor
Tarew (as in Tarew Marr) = Water
Fennin Ro = Inferno + an extra 'n'
Tae Ew = We eat

Oh yes and we all know SonyEQ=Qeynos. I think they should have to rename it to IIqeynos this time around.

Mr. Hunt
08-23-04, 11:30 PM
You frighten me Malficar :).

Blacklash
08-23-04, 11:31 PM
You frighten me Malficar :).

That is not an uncommon reaction to me :D

MrSavoy
08-24-04, 12:30 AM
I think i'll just stick with SWG for now been playing it for the last few months and im hooked pretty good. :) EQ2 loosk great but I dunno if I have time for another game like this plus all the other new games coming out. But I can see how all the die hard EQ fans will migrate for sure.

DaveW
08-24-04, 08:53 AM
EQII looks good, but I still haven't forgiven SOE for SWG :) I almost loaded up SWG the other weekend because I was bored, but I quickly changed my mind after I checked the forums and saw that 90% of the bugs that were in it 6 months ago when I quit are still there. I'm not paying 15 bucks a month for a buggy and badly supported MMORPG.

MrSavoy
08-24-04, 07:08 PM
Its not buggy enough to warrant not playing it. I play every day and yes there are a few bugs but hardly how your making it sound. I enjoy the game and there are always releasing new updates to add/fixx certain things. Publish 10 is due out next month and should address alot of things including bugs. Overall the game is alot of fun and I think you should try it out again, forums aside, because people will always find something to complain about no matter what. Give it a shot and LMK what you think.

traak
08-25-04, 06:52 AM
Can't blame Sony as much as Mythic with Daoc..3 years and still not right. The latest patching caused major issues and the servers was down most of the day..They did add some nice features this patch at least...

DaveW
08-25-04, 10:00 AM
Its not buggy enough to warrant not playing it.

Not early on but as you get to higher levels in the game you start to notice how certain branches of professions are pointless because of gameplay balances that were never addressed, items that don't work or have no useful purpose, functions that are buggy or useless. Try being a droid engineer.

Then theres the occasional server crashes and the backup restores that cause everyone to loose up to 24 hours of progress. The resource rotations that broke every time the server was patched so it was impossible to make certain weapons because the resources didn't exist.

The worst is the attitude of the support staff. There was a nasty bug (which I believe they now fixed) in that someones house and its entire contents could vanish. It took months for SOE to even agree there was a problem and to look at it. Months of pissed off players and months of SOE claiming they were all just idiots who accidentally deleted their own houses. I also remember a time when Lowca was no accepting any new connections all day. The chat was filled with hundreds (really) of people saying "I can't connect to Lowca" and the rep said "you need to call your ISP", people said "I can connect to every other SWG server fine, just not Lowca" and the rep said "its your cable modem, you need to call your ISP". Then he left, another rep appeared and said the same thing for an hour "I can connect to Lowca (from within the SOE network) so you guys all need to call your ISPs and tell them your cable modems need to be replaced" WTF?. Then he left and yet ANOTHER rep was giving us the same damn run around for another hour. After three hours we finally got a rep who was willing to escalate the issue and it did turn out to be a server problem that was fixed with a simple reboot.

When asked why we have to pay 15 bucks to play a game that we already paid 50 bucks for at the store, the response SOE gives is "it pays for the high quality of technical support and for the upkeep of the servers". IMO, SWG players don't get their money worth.

MrSavoy
08-25-04, 12:37 PM
Well you do raise some interesting points. I haven't come across all that you have mentioned in the 2 months or so that i'm playing it but I can certainly see how someone would be a lil pissed at the things you mentioned especially if you played from the begining. However, on a lighter note alot of the things you have mentioned have been fixed but theres still alot they need to get too. Everyones saying pub 10 should fix alot, we will see. For now though I still think the game offers more rather than less and thus I have alot of fun every day with it.