Give it a shot ;)

SH64
08-24-04, 04:52 PM
Cool .. i was playing CMR04 yesterday & now CMR05 !! :D

1 more mirror :
http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=cmrae2k5

evilpanda
08-24-04, 06:43 PM
Arg the game won't start-up. There this black screen and then the error reporting window. I installed Directx 9.0c but didn't help. Re-installed nvidia 61.77 drivers and didn't help either. Looking for suggestions...

GlowStick
08-24-04, 06:51 PM
Woot, come on fileshack, do your thing!

AthlonXP1800
08-24-04, 06:58 PM
I am surprised Colin McRae Rally 2005 Demo came out in 2004, about 8 months after Colin McRae Rally 2004 Demo came out. I am now downloaded the demo from 3D Gamer's torrent file. :D

myshkinbob
08-24-04, 07:40 PM
I got this demo earlier myself, and it's deeply unimpressive to me, it plays the same as '04, and graphically it's identical. The only differences i can see are some nice motion blur at times, the hard steer control, and the onscreen damage display. I got '04 for the split screen racing, as that's always fun, but really codemasters are doing an EA Sports with this title now - a yearly refresh with little-to-no gameplay or graphics changes.

For a truly current generation rally game, try the xpand rally demo, or Richard Burn's Rally which went gold today i think. If you want an arcade style rally game then Flatout is where it'll be at. :)

SH64
08-24-04, 10:14 PM
For a truly current generation rally game, try the xpand rally demo, or Richard Burn's Rally which went gold today i think. If you want an arcade style rally game then Flatout is where it'll be at. :)

Xpand Rally isnt out yet & the demo was recalled .
i liked CMR04 very much so i'm sure i'm going to like this one although i'm not a big rally games fan .

btw what video card & drivers you are using ? & what DX9.0 ver ? .. i 've seen some guys having errors at the game's start-up .

Blacklash
08-24-04, 11:44 PM
I fecking love Colin McRae 2004. I will have to try this. Thanks for the heads up>

RoJo
08-25-04, 12:27 AM
CMR 2004 only came out about 3 months back.

I think codemasters are taking the p*ss a bit with this release so soon.

Altho there games are good, but is it worth the upgrade to this latest version?

-=DVS=-
08-25-04, 01:42 AM
Playd 2005 demo , its moustly same , but graphics slightly improved with ocasional blurr effect , and engine is a bit better when driveing cars nicer feel few tweaks here and there added damge indicator :p , anyway just my opinion , can't wait for that Burns Rally its got seriously awesome graphics hope game play is fun to.

AgentHeX_0007
08-25-04, 07:43 AM
Forget the Colin McRae rally games, Richard Burns Rally on its 1st outing is much better.

The physics/car handleing engine is awesome. I have it on xbox and it is due for release on pc soon. Never has the feeling of driving a 2ton 300bhp rally car on rough ground at break neck speeds been portrayed more authenticly. It is very difficult because it is more of a simulation than a pick up and play game like CMR but luckily Richard Burns will teach you how to drive in the rally school. Sadly it lacks the ammount of tracks and cars that the latest McRae 05 game has but this is more than made up for by the gameplay. The sound is great too (except the car backfire sounds like a gun) and features Dolby digital 5.1. The pc version should be very modable too because the xbox version uses .ini files .dds .tga etc.for textures and car/game system settings. The pc demo should be out soon.

r2d2d3d4d5
08-25-04, 09:00 AM
Another Mirror (good for me):
Gamer's Hell (http://www.gamershell.com/download_6814.shtml)

jAkUp
08-25-04, 11:13 AM
meh it was ok i guess, I dunno, always been a bigger fan of rallysport challenge, i just think the controls feel too "floaty"

rellingsen
08-25-04, 12:38 PM
Arg the game won't start-up. There this black screen and then the error reporting window. I installed Directx 9.0c but didn't help. Re-installed nvidia 61.77 drivers and didn't help either. Looking for suggestions...

The same thing happened to me but I have seen it before. It is caused refresh rate fix programs. Allow it to use 60Hz at 800X600 and it should start fine. Once you are in the game menu you will be able to set whatever resolution and refresh that you want.

evilpanda
08-25-04, 09:19 PM
The same thing happened to me but I have seen it before. It is caused refresh rate fix programs. Allow it to use 60Hz at 800X600 and it should start fine. Once you are in the game menu you will be able to set whatever resolution and refresh that you want.

Tried it and didn't work. The only time it worked is when I reinstalled nvidia drivers. Then after installing coolbits2 (or maybe my refresh rate fix program) it stopped working. I did set 800x600 to run in 60Hz but that didn't help. Guess I'll have to reinstall drivers.