PDA

View Full Version : problems with nvflash on 6800U

Nuvian
08-24-04, 03:14 PM
hei,well i had alot of problems with my pov geforce 6800U,so i decided to flash to leadtek bios,now theres a new pov bios out,but i cant seem to be able to flash to it cause i ither get device id error or subsystem ID erro or what ever its called,i cant seem to be able to run the flash with 2 commands (5 and 6) in nvflash,it doesnt work with nvflash -5- 6800U.rom and not with nvflash -6- 6800U.rom
is there a way to run the flash with both 5 and 6?or am i stuck with this leadtek bios?

thanks in advance.

ragejg
08-24-04, 03:19 PM
um, try wfflash or wffash...

Lfctony
08-24-04, 03:21 PM
I checked the new POV bios they've sent me, frequencies were weird, 3D were 1/2. That meant either one of 2 things, the reader was incompatible or the bios was somehow problematic. I decided to stick to my current LT one, and overclock manually.

**Edit** They've just sent me a new bios because supposedly my card's batch can't take the 425/1100 frequencies. However, this bios is clocked at 400/1200 and autodetect gives only 1.19Ghz on the memory. I'm still keeping the LT bios and oveclock manually.

Nuvian
08-24-04, 03:28 PM
I checked the new POV bios they've sent me, frequencies were weird, 3D were 1/2. That meant either one of 2 things, the reader was incompatible or the bios was somehow problematic. I decided to stick to my current LT one, and overclock manually.

**Edit** They've just sent me a new bios because supposedly my card's batch can't take the 425/1100 frequencies. However, this bios is clocked at 400/1200 and autodetect gives only 1.19Ghz on the memory. I'm still keeping the LT bios and oveclock manually.

yeh i got that 400/1200,would still be nice 2 test it tho :)

wfflash didnt work ither,got some kind of error on that :/

RoJo
08-24-04, 06:01 PM
I had problems flashing my card the other day with Nvflash 5.08, which worked for me a couple of days ago perfectlly.

I'd changed my logitech keyboard which was plugged in my ps2 port, for a zboard which is plugged into usb.

After I swapped them back the error went away.

So if you have your keyboard plugged into your usb, try that it might fix the problem for you.

And this is the command I used to flash my card with: nvflash -5 -6 yourfilename.rom

Here's some more info if you need it: Here (http://www.mvktech.net/content.php?article.23) Which might also help you?

Anyway best of luck.

Nuvian
08-24-04, 07:37 PM
thanks Rojo,dont use my keyboard in USB,yeh i tried that command but it doesnt seem 2 work well,i still get an ID error,ill check that link u posted :)