Fynx-Gloire
08-24-04, 03:22 PM
"OMG, Got the Powercolor X800XTPE and it blew up my system!"

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33777611

Arioch
08-24-04, 03:24 PM

Yeah - getting enjoyment over someone else's woes is always fun.

:rolleyes:

GlowStick
08-24-04, 03:27 PM
Dosent sound funny to me.

Mr. Hunt
08-24-04, 03:30 PM
It isn't funny... but the worst part is how everybody there is making fun of him...

Mojoe
08-24-04, 03:30 PM
I feel really sorry for him, he has waited 3 months for this card that just blowd up his comp.

mustrum
08-24-04, 03:33 PM
Yeah so funny. You're a nice person aren't you?
:lame:

-=DVS=-
08-24-04, 03:36 PM
I don't think its cards foult , but defective motherboard :p not a big deal can buy new one he did afford X800XTPE afterall :D

GamerGuyX
08-24-04, 03:40 PM
I don't think its cards foult , but defective motherboard :p not a big deal can buy new one he did afford X800XTPE afterall :D

Yeah but he said everything worked fine right before he put it in...

poppachocks
08-24-04, 03:41 PM
It isn't funny... but the worst part is how everybody there is making fun of him...

Yes, kinda disturbing that more people were not sympathetic there. Very mean spirited.

Lfctony
08-24-04, 03:42 PM
This is not funny. I hope your system burns down, we'll see how funny you find it then.

Golden Sample
08-24-04, 03:45 PM

:barf: ...who are you, man?! The "Funmaster 3000 Deluxe- Extreme Edition"

Sven :)

saturnotaku
08-24-04, 03:49 PM
This is not funny. I hope your system burns down, we'll see how funny you find it then.

GamerGuyX
08-24-04, 03:59 PM
It's alright everybody! Lfctony just sent me a PM and said that he is willing to give the poor guy his 6800 Ultra for free as a replacement! What a nice guy! :clap:

(j/k)

Lfctony
08-24-04, 04:10 PM
Its not nice to make fun of other people's misery, hence my reaction.

GamerGuyX
08-24-04, 04:17 PM
Its not nice to make fun of other people's misery, hence my reaction.

I was kidding about what I said. I too think it's wrong making fun of a situation like this...

FastRedPonyCar
08-24-04, 04:33 PM
I know all too well. My 9700pro fried about a month ago and had to suffer with a TI 500. The worst part? It happend the DAY BEFORE DOOM 3 CAME OUT!!!

My brother's powersupply just went out this weekend. Unfortunately for him, it took out his motherboard, 1 of the two sticks of ram AND his fairly new 9600XT!!! And the kid is 14 years old and has paid for everything in his machine with his hard earned yard mowing, birthday and christmas money.

It's definatly not a laughing matter. If you spent hundreds of dollars on a new part or parts only for them to go up in smoke, I garun-damn-tee you that you won't be laughing.
________
lexus sc specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Lexus_SC)

dceremuga
08-24-04, 08:06 PM
Well I'll be damned it is true. I am the one this happened to and can't believe I found a link to my post over here. Most of you are being VERY cool about it and I appreciate it.

Here are the pictures. Take a good look at my AGP slot, does it look cooked or what. So far ATI is silent and PowerColor is trying to get ATI to at least replace my board.

Click on the thumbnails to see the larger picture.

http://www.ceremuga.com/burnt.html

Mr. Hunt
08-24-04, 08:16 PM
Heh, that was you eh? I am sorry for you man, I know when I was updating and finally got my XP 3200+ it didn't want to work and I was extremely upset lol.

Hope everything works out for you.

dceremuga
08-24-04, 08:18 PM
Heh, that was you eh? I am sorry for you man, I know when I was updating and finally got my XP 3200+ it didn't want to work and I was extremely upset lol.

Hope everything works out for you.

It will, but it is going to end up costing me. I am still not sure other components aren't damaged. I will have to wait for my new board to find out.

My system has been stable as a rock, put in the new card and pop, hiss... smoke... Should have just stuck with my nVidia 6800 Ultra. It didn't kill my system... Maybe it left a Anti-ATI AGP bomb in the slot.

ChrisRay
08-24-04, 08:23 PM
We're making fun of someone who just lost their system to faulty hardware? Sorry this is closed now.

ChrisRay
08-24-04, 08:35 PM
Actually changed my mind about closing, Noticed the actual user is here and its friendly discussion. Carry on :)

No making fun of him though. :argh:

dceremuga
08-24-04, 08:43 PM
Very cool of you "mod". I think 99% of the people here understand! I'm an thoroughly suprised at the lack of fanboy response. Excellent group.

I would like you all to look at my AGP slot and tell me what you think?

I am trying like hell to get ATI to replace my board, but ATI is taking the high and mighty road so far. I am not happy about this situation, one bit. Thanks for keeping this open!

poppachocks
08-24-04, 09:00 PM
Very cool of you "mod". I think 99% of the people here understand! I'm an thoroughly suprised at the lack of fanboy response. Excellent group.

I would like you all to look at my AGP slot and tell me what you think?

I am trying like hell to get ATI to replace my board, but ATI is taking the high and mighty road so far. I am not happy about this situation, one bit. Thanks for keeping this open!

Best of luck on the card replacement. Hope you don't have to pull your credit card company into it.

I read through your thread @ rage and was kind of disgusted that people weren't a little more sympathetic to your problem. Hang out here some, and you'll find this crowd is nowhere near as "fanatic" as some of your Rage brethen would have you believe.

Good luck. Let us know how it shakes out. :)

dceremuga
08-24-04, 09:19 PM
Best of luck on the card replacement. Hope you don't have to pull your credit card company into it.

I read through your thread @ rage and was kind of disgusted that people weren't a little more sympathetic to your problem. Hang out here some, and you'll find this crowd is nowhere near as "fanatic" as some of your Rage brethen would have you believe.

Good luck. Let us know how it shakes out. :)

Thanks man. It sure makes me want to look at the 6800 Ultra again. I had 2 issues with the 6800 that made me give it up. I would get 5 to 10 second freezes and some texture issues with Battlefield 1942. Has that been reported by others? Fixed?

poppachocks
08-24-04, 09:33 PM
Thanks man. It sure makes me want to look at the 6800 Ultra again. I had 2 issues with the 6800 that made me give it up. I would get 5 to 10 second freezes and some texture issues with Battlefield 1942. Has that been reported by others? Fixed?

Hmmm. I'll have to load up BF1942 and check that out (could just be a driver issue, or something a game patch would fix). I know I had some weird texture issues when first playing Far Cry on my 6800GT. The 1.1 patch fixed that right up.