PDA

View Full Version : Detect optimal frequenties doesn't work..

Killall
08-25-04, 07:48 AM
Hi all, i seem to have a small problem with the coolbits 2 overclocking thing. If i say to it to detect optimal frequenties i see the bar going halfway, the screen flickkers off and on and its set back to bios defaults. This happens with all drivers i tried, really weird. I got an XFX Geforce 6800 Ultra default : 425/1.2.

I OCed it manually to 440/1.2 . This is the max the card seems to handle, any higher on memory, games will crash and that test settings thing fails. Any higher on core i will get 10 sec pauzes in Farcry. I should be able to get a little more on mem.. seems ridiculous the card runs fine at 1.2 mem but any higher it will fail.. :retard:

saturnotaku
08-25-04, 07:51 AM
seems ridiculous the card runs fine at 1.2 mem but any higher it will fail.. :retard:

That's not at all unusual considering the stock memory speed of every other 6800 Ultra card is 1.1 GHz. So your memory is already running 100 MHz over spec. I had an XFX 6800 Ultra that wouldn't even run stable at its default. I had to downclock it to 1150 to avoid stuttering in 3DMark 03 and artifacts in OpenGL. Now my BFG 6800 Ultra is perfectly content to run at 1.23 GHz. But I don't keep it there, it's plenty fast at stock speeds. ;)