PDA

View Full Version : PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra - PCIBUS Service?!?

elwavero
08-25-04, 09:54 AM
I recently upgraded my video card to a PNY 6800 Ultra. However, ever since I did that my computer seems to be randomly freezing/shutting down. This only happens when I'm away from the computer - either sometime during the day or late at night. No error messages are left in the event log. I'm at my wits end trying to troubleshoot what's going on. One strange thing that I've noticed recently is that when I set 3DMark03 to loop on the Mother Nature test (I'm try to stress test the card) that every time the test starts over I get the following message in the event log:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7035
Date: 8/25/2004
Time: 7:44:45 AM
User: blah\user
Computer: blah
Description:
The PciBus service was successfully sent a start control.

This makes no sense to me. The PCIBus is one of the major backbones of the computer and I don't see how it constantly needs restarting. It's even stranger that its saying there is a PCIBus service. A google for PCIBUS service retuns nothing.

I'm using the newest official Forceware drivers (61.77). My motherboard is an MSI K8N Neo Platinum (I'm also using the current nforce drivers). Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what's going on here? I know this is a very popular motherboard. Is there anyone out there with the same components that could check to see if they get this message too? Could anyone with a 6800 Ultra card confirm whether or not they get this message?

My chance to RMA these products is about to run out, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

saturnotaku
08-25-04, 10:02 AM
Have you turned off AGP fastwrites in your BIOS? Also, be sure to read the sticky thread at the top of this forum for more ideas on how to potentially resolve the 6800 freezing issues.

elwavero
08-25-04, 10:16 AM
Yes, AGP Fastwrites have been disabled. I've read through that thread before, I will try setting the 2D and 3D to the same speed.

The big question is still about the PCIBus message though. This seems very strange to me and does not seem like normal operation. Is anyone else getting messages like this in their event log?

pimpfish
12-05-04, 05:57 PM
I have only a PNY 5700LE, but I am getting the same error. It screws up the driver so that no 3d apps work and I am forced to reboot. Seems to happen almost at random. Have you had any luck?