PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 3 looks amazing

Slybri
08-25-04, 05:44 PM
I'm a big fan of SH2 and military submarine history in general. The new SH3 looks freaking amazing!!! Like Das Boot the game! Here's a movie showing off the weather effects....

http://media.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos/SH3_StormyWeather.wmv

Dig the reflection of the sub on the sea around it. And the swinging sausages in the control room~! Talk about detail!

http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/videos.php?skin=n

This is gonna be my new favorite game! Hope it comes out soon!

AlphaWolfII
08-25-04, 06:28 PM
Personally, I'm completely bummed that it's a German only sim. I just can't get my head into playing a World War II German.

I'm a huge fan of the American WWII sub sims that take place in the Pacific (Silent Service I & II and the first Silent Hunter).

I can only hope that the great minds behind the Pacific Aces mod do their magic on SH3, otherwise, I'm not buying.

AW

Slybri
08-25-04, 06:58 PM
damn! Just read they are pushing it back from Sept 21 to early next year...sigh. Why am I not surprised.
They say it's to add a "dynamic campaign" that the fans have demanded. Fine, but can't they just patch it in later? I want the game now!
Seems like every game I'm looking forward to has been pushed back to next year. except for HL2, /knocks on wood.

lunix
08-26-04, 02:29 AM
Sometimes something a little different is good. Give it a try. Think IL2. After all there is something somewhat, ummm romantic, about the german U-Boat force. Then again perhaps I saw das-boot too many times :D

Cheimison
08-26-04, 05:56 AM
I always preferred playing the Germans. I thought the Americans were overrated in WW2, not to mention having boring ass weapons and a generic military.

LiquidX
08-26-04, 09:14 AM
I always preferred playing the Germans. I thought the Americans were overrated in WW2, not to mention having boring ass weapons and a generic military.

Overrated? :rolleyes: I hope you only mean game wise. In anycase game does look great and I also do prefer German weapons in games. But this is about subs and it was said the Germans and the best one, so it looks interesting.