PDA

View Full Version : lcd image scaling with a 6800 gt?

Pandora's Box
08-25-04, 07:28 PM
i have a non dvi lcd monitor and was just wondering if the forceware drivers suit has the ability to scale the screen and have black borders for non dvi lcd monitors? i know catalyst drivers have it for dvi monitors but not for none dvi monitors.

Cota
08-25-04, 07:38 PM
what???

JGene
08-25-04, 08:11 PM
I believe he is asking if he can still access the scaling methods when using an LCD that is not connected via DVI and uses analog instead. Although I cannot say for sure, I would have to say no because in the drivers the scaling modes were designed for use on digital display devices. Analog monitors have access to the display timings page while digitial display devices do not share that same featuere. Instead they have the "digital flat panel" page which contains four different scaling modes: adapter, monitor, aspect ratio and centered.

Pandora's Box
08-25-04, 08:20 PM
I believe he is asking if he can still access the scaling methods when using an LCD that is not connected via DVI and uses analog instead. Although I cannot say for sure, I would have to say no because in the drivers the scaling modes were designed for use on digital display devices. Analog monitors have access to the display timings page while digitial display devices do not share that same featuere. Instead they have the "digital flat panel" page which contains four different scaling modes: adapter, monitor, aspect ratio and centered.

yeap thats what im asking. now what if i connected my analog lcd to the dvi port with an adaptor?