PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of people complaining about tactics

Pages : [1] 2

Cheimison
08-25-04, 09:30 PM
I hate when people complain about some tactic (like 'camping') or snipers or someone who uses a specific weapon. God damn it, it's in the game, if you don't like it don't play or make your own damn game where they can't do it. Personally I don't care what tactics someone else uses, my business is to be concerned with my own strategy and how to beat those others. If someone is sitting behind a box and he shoots you when you run by without glancing at it, then you're suffering a defeat for weaknesses in your play style.

I think the reason most people whine about campers, aside from being irritating 12 year olds who knock over the chess board when they lose, is because they're too lazy to pay attention to their enviroment (situational awareness, in military terms). Why don't you complain about people who can shoot you in the head because its a faster kill? Call them 'Aimers'. Or complain about someone who walks silently instead of running, call them 'Shift-Key *****s'. ****in' babies.

For the record I don't camp because I'm too impatient and I don't snipe because I can't aim. But I also don't cry because someone happened to come from somewhere I wasn't looking and shoot me. I know people can hide behind boxes, and if I don't look when I run by then it's at my own risk.

aAv7
08-25-04, 09:53 PM
Come on..admit it...you camp....." want some hot dogs for that fire" you camper! =P hehehehe just playin. =)

Riptide
08-25-04, 09:56 PM
I agree. They wouldn't put the AVRIL in UT2K4 if they didn't want you to use it. People that fly a raptor and hate you for using it need to bugger off. They can avoid an AVRIL, if they're good.

Sazar
08-25-04, 10:02 PM
have you considered the possibility that people whining in a game is a tactic to piss other gamers off and throw off their mojo so that the whiners can then gain the upper-hand :cool:

Cheimison
08-25-04, 10:08 PM
Not really, as I just ignore them automatically.

S.I.N
08-26-04, 01:27 PM
You want to know the worst thing ever? When your in a server with like 5 people and 3 of them are camping and your running all over tham damn map trying to find these idiots tucked into corners. I can deal with campers if a server is full to say like 20 people because its fun trying to seek them out but other than taht. :lame: Tactics my balls. (pb)

Edge
08-26-04, 01:38 PM
If people don't like you camping in an FPS game, tell them to go play a split-screen console FPS game :p

Cheimison
08-26-04, 07:34 PM
"You want to know the worst thing ever? When your in a server with like 5 people and 3 of them are camping and your running all over tham damn map trying to find these idiots tucked into corners."
I bet you especially hate it when those 'idiots' kill you. You're just whiney because you get owned. If the map is too sparse for you, play another server.

Skrot
08-27-04, 12:02 AM
Interesting name for camping. "Tactics". Tactics indeed...

MrSavoy
08-27-04, 12:13 AM
If your into camping go buy a dam tent, if you wanna actually play grow some balls and come out of the shadoes and fight I say. LOL actually i couldnt care les who camps and who doesnt I frag the campers as easy as anyone else. So GG campers. :nanahump:

Cheimison
08-27-04, 12:52 AM
Camping is a mildly effective tactic if you keep switching camp spots, otherwise, like any tactic, I can figure out what you're doing and get you.

vampireuk
08-27-04, 04:01 AM
Camping in some cases is extremely lame. For example spawn camping or in SOF2 when the blue team is suppose to grab the case and they hang around at their spawn camping away instead of heading for the case. If a person camps in the same place over and over again just go a different way and catch them off guard then mock them once you stab them :D

vampireuk
08-27-04, 04:03 AM
"You want to know the worst thing ever? When your in a server with like 5 people and 3 of them are camping and your running all over tham damn map trying to find these idiots tucked into corners."
I bet you especially hate it when those 'idiots' kill you. You're just whiney because you get owned. If the map is too sparse for you, play another server.

No he is right 5 people on a server and 3 of them camping is pathetic. In that situation the people hiding in the corners are too scared to actually die in game, it ruins the game if every single person camps the map like that

Cheimison
08-27-04, 04:10 AM
Then Play Another Server.

Skrot
08-27-04, 04:29 AM
What would be better if you would play on another server (assuming that you're one of those 3 people camping).

mezkal
08-27-04, 04:50 AM

You play the 'tactics' that are relevant to the gametype and server you join. Unless you have people running defence in Inf, CTF or other teamed games (except TDM) camping period is pretty lame. People who play TDM and rely on it to win usually are annoying and underskilled IMHO.

Pafet
08-27-04, 05:05 AM
I hate when people call you "back shooter". Thats just stupid, they actualy expect me to tell them to turn around so I can shoot...
Also "hey, not fair 3 vs 1".......

I like it how in Enemy Territory when they call you name you can voice say "thank you" or "danke".

vampireuk
08-27-04, 05:30 AM

That doesn't stop it from been lame ;)

jbirney
08-27-04, 10:19 AM
Camping in some cases is extremely lame. For example spawn camping or in SOF2 when the blue team is suppose to grab the case and they hang around at their spawn camping away instead of heading for the case.

Well good sir I agree and disagee. I play a lot of SOF2, INF on-line (its about the only one I play on-line now). And there is a fine line with base camping...and protecting your teams flank. Lots of times in maps like Shop2, a majority of the blue team will rush one way..which leaves the red team to come around and easly take them out from behind. I can not count the number of times I have been on red and cleaned up in this mannor. My thinking is I have the full round timer to get the case, why not wait for the first minute or two and see if I can hold off a red rush, then go for the case. So for the first 1/2 of the rount I usally try to watch who goes which direction and then watch the kill messages...if I see a few blue players go down then I know red is coming and should prepare for it. However people can take that to the extreme and try to get on the roof :(

Anyways I think that in some of the more team based games camping at some of the choke points is vitial to help your team win, however it can go over to the lame area if abused..

I also agree with the poster. I can not count the number of times in SOF2, I get someone with the M203 and they call me a no skill lamer? I am sorry next time I see you I will put down all weapons and try to take you out with nothing more than my sharp penny, would that be enough skill for you then :) I mean come on people these things are used in real life.. Then dont even get my started about the BFG winers in the old Q2 games....

vampireuk
08-27-04, 11:23 AM
Shop2 is a terrible map, it's a campers paradise and you can also cheat on it, but I won't mention how ;)

majortom
08-27-04, 11:29 AM
for a while, i used to play just to hunt down campers. a camper camper.

ynnek
08-27-04, 12:31 PM
Lol, in college I used to play alot of Q2CTF over at Springfield.. And my friends always wondered how I scored so high all the time.. so they came over my dorm and watched me play..

"dude, almost every rail you get is in the back, or they don't even see you!" lol. I remmeber while they were shouting that, a guy on the screen saw me, and actually turned around presenting his back, which I promply railed.. "WTF, did that guy just turn around so you could rail him in the back?" lmao.

So since then everytime I play any game now, they always ask me, "so how many people did you shoot in the back this time?"

I hate when people call you "back shooter". Thats just stupid, they actualy expect me to tell them to turn around so I can shoot...
Also "hey, not fair 3 vs 1".......

I like it how in Enemy Territory when they call you name you can voice say "thank you" or "danke".

Slyder
08-27-04, 12:49 PM
It gets to me when people use cheats as "tactics" I played SoF2 up untill christmas, mainly because it had PunkBuster where SoF1 didnt. The only reason I left was because the game was plagued with moaning kids, and M203 noobs (sorry jbirney) While the 203 is a legal weapon in the game, there was a certain dignity to not using it, or in other words its basically a weapon that requires no skill to use cause it just blows up anything within your desired target. Mind you saying that, I stayed in Jolt 2 CTF where they had that gun disabled thank god. Tactics are needed in a game thou, I used to flame nade there base to keep them at bay but run straight towards there flag to take it, and maybe flame it on the way back. Thats a tactic imho. What is not a tactic, is to run to there base with the intention to just camp and flame the enemy.

I just play Call of Duty online now, because it has PB anti cheat, and a nice mature community. The only noob weapon is the panzerfaust which is disabled on most servers anyway.

jbirney
08-27-04, 02:21 PM
While the 203 is a legal weapon in the game, there was a certain dignity to not using it, or in other words its basically a weapon that requires no skill to use cause it just blows up anything within your desired target.

No skil to use it? Thats funny...maybe if you figured out how to use it, you realize takes just as much skil to be effective with this as any other of the weapons. Mind you there is a difference in blind kills and planned kills. There are many times a player can actually survive an M203 blast so its not as effective as you may think. It also has a wicked delay and slow flight speed so you have to guess where they are going to be when you fire it. I supose if I throw a nade and hit you its no skill as well?

Do you know that in a past interview John Mullins (the guy that this game is about) in RL prefers the M4/203 as his weapon of choice? Do you know that modern military use such combos because its an effective weapon.

But I understand that other people dont like them so Meh :P

vampireuk
08-28-04, 10:55 AM
The m203 in the hands of a n00b is just irritating, instead of getting into a firefight they duck behind a box and shoot their grenades off. The 203 comes into its own at the start of some levels and for long distance kills. My clan has some 203 shots we fire from our spawn at the start that block off and kill unsuspecting players. It does get very very annoying when a entire team uses nothing but the M4 though.