PDA

View Full Version : Driver for TNT2 M64?

w00kiec00kie
08-26-04, 02:23 AM
I was wondering what range of dets would work the best (perf wise, as long as IQ is not horrible..)
It would also be nice if it had the latest fixes for TNT2... (but when I read the release notes, a lotta times, the fixes seem general / sometimes include TNT2...)

thx

remymarten
08-26-04, 03:07 AM
Just go with the latest official set.

w00kiec00kie
08-26-04, 02:07 PM
I guess.. but I thought newer the dets, less optimization for older cards?
I'm not looking to set records on this thing or ne thing, but I was hoping I could play W3 while I'm at home stuck with this thing :lame:
lol..

CaptNKILL
08-26-04, 02:46 PM
I guess.. but I thought newer the dets, less optimization for older cards?
I'm not looking to set records on this thing or ne thing, but I was hoping I could play W3 while I'm at home stuck with this thing :lame:
lol..
You will most likely need the newest ones to make newer games work correctly anyway. So just go for the newest ones on the official site.

TrashBear
08-26-04, 11:56 PM
my brother has an old computer with a tnt m64 in it and we have found the best drivers are the old 45.xx (i forget exact) revision that is whql certified. Newer drivers like any 50.xx revision or 60.xx mess some games up for him. One example is diablo II in direct draw mode (d3d mode looks worse and runs worse), the screen gets completely garbled when running anything newer than the 45.xx drivers. Also CS and other half-life based games don't work so well for him if he uses the newer drivers.

Pandora's Box
08-27-04, 01:20 PM
temporarily im using a geforce 2mx 200 while i wait for a 6800 GT. im using the 65.62. they work fine for me.