PDA

View Full Version : have you finished Doom3 sp? yes? i dont think so.. :)

Nv40
08-26-04, 02:42 AM
because the game Single player is just the begining of the story..
the story continues.. here..

http://doom3.planet-multiplayer.de/mapbase.php?view.30

and with every new quality SP map released.. there are 35minutes of gameplay there ..

Pandora's Box
08-26-04, 10:29 AM
finish doom 3? no not yet. sold the 9800 pro and stuck with a geforce 2mx 200. im not even going to try to finish it. will be fun when i get the 6800 gt though :)

nVidi0t
08-26-04, 10:38 AM
I played it about half way through on my old system (Ti4600 bah) and I'm going to start playing tonight on my brand new setup. It was awesome before but in the thick of the action there was some slowdown.

DMA
08-26-04, 11:49 AM
Something wrong with this map? I'm already stuck. :o
I've opened the air vent thingy but i can't jump up into "vent 1".
No PDA for the "coolant chamber" either.

(help)

ynnek
08-26-04, 01:13 PM
cool, i'l have to check this out.

Shaitan
08-26-04, 01:13 PM
You have to jump/crouch to get in I believe. I just got thru the 1st vent myself. This is a very juicy modmission. Nicely done so far.

solofortne
08-26-04, 02:14 PM
I've tried crouch jumping and I still can't get into the vent. It seems like it should be low enough to get into but it just won't let me in.

Edit: Nevermind, after about 50 tries I finally made it in :nanahump:

holmes
08-26-04, 11:45 PM
sounds good.. I'm gonna try it out later tonight..
:)

RoJo
08-27-04, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the link Nv40, I'm downloading this now.

Fahim
08-27-04, 01:26 AM
I'm downloading right now.....

Nv40
08-27-04, 04:35 AM
I've tried crouch jumping and I still can't get into the vent. It seems like it should be low enough to get into but it just won't let me in.

Edit: Nevermind, after about 50 tries I finally made it in :nanahump:

hehe.. same happened to me.. :)

it took me some time to enter the vent.. because its a it to high.
the SP map seems that it was done by someone with many experience in mapping.. the quality of the level is Id software like.
however maybe it was me.. but i was not able to finish? the Sp map without using NOclip command to pass through some locked Doors that there was no way to Open.. even im no sure if finished it .. because saw no end.. since Doom3 original alpha labs levels follows the story of the game.

dante_uk
08-27-04, 07:30 AM
Very nice map. It took me a while to enter the vents and I confess I used noclip to check some areas I couldn't see a way into.
Having said the level IS completable, after clearing out vent2 go right back to the start, enter the teleport and click on it's main panel. Then it cuts to cutscene of you teleporting out.

Greg
08-29-04, 08:38 AM
I am stuck also. I am up to the computer that says 'Power Core Shields Open' after fighting those two big things and I can't find a new exit.

CaptNKILL
08-29-04, 12:16 PM
I am stuck also. I am up to the computer that says 'Power Core Shields Open' after fighting those two big things and I can't find a new exit.
shoot the power cores