PDA

View Full Version : WTB FarCry DVD edition

JonathanM
08-26-04, 10:51 PM
Are any of you guys done with this game?

I hate having all these CDs lying around.

aAv7
08-27-04, 12:43 AM
they made a dvd edition!?

RoJo
08-27-04, 12:55 AM
Yeap...But only for europe I think.

jAkUp
08-27-04, 02:26 AM
No, the DVD version came prepackaged from a few select providers when you purchase and AMD64 + Mobo... newegg was offering it.

superklye
08-27-04, 02:38 AM
Drag the contents of the CDs to your HDD in one big folder. Open Nero, put a blank DVD in your DVDR drive, drag the contents of said folder to the DVD, burn and enjoy.

jAkUp
08-27-04, 11:04 AM
lol it will be a dvd.. but i dont think thats gonna work :) when it needs the next cd to be inserted it wont know where to look

saturnotaku
08-27-04, 11:12 AM
I imported the DVD edition from the UK. I like it a lot. :D

stncttr908
08-27-04, 11:28 AM
lol it will be a dvd.. but i dont think thats gonna work :) when it needs the next cd to be inserted it wont know where to lookIt doesn't look for a particular disc, just the CAB files. If it finds them on the disc it will continue installing.

superklye
08-27-04, 03:32 PM
It doesn't look for a particular disc, just the CAB files. If it finds them on the disc it will continue installing.

Exactly. I bought Far Cry and had to reformat a number of times and was sick of inserting disc after disc. I found a torrent for the DVD edition, got it and realized it was just the CDs all on the one DVD.

Stoneyguy
08-27-04, 03:58 PM
Wow I really don't wan't to hijack this thread... hehe... but Does this folder have to be labeled a certain name? I want to try it but don't want to waste DVDs in the process.

superklye
08-27-04, 07:04 PM
You don't put anything in a folder. Make a folder on your hard drive called "Far Cry DVD" or something. Drag everything from all 5 CDs into that folder. When that's done, open Nero or whatever you use, browse to that folder and drag the contents over to be burned onto disc. Not the actual "Far Cry DVD" folder, just it's contents. So when you burn the DVD and then open it in My Computer, you would see files right away.

JonathanM
08-28-04, 12:46 AM
Aiight thanks guys... This is better than buying it again :)

superklye
08-28-04, 01:46 AM
heh, glda it worked for you.