PDA

View Full Version : New Deus Ex and Thief games coming...

jAkUp
08-27-04, 10:09 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56449

"Deus Ex: Invisible War was a good game with solid reviews, but not enough people bought it. We'll fix that in the future. There definitely will be a Deus Ex 3. People want another Thief, too. We'll make that series more modern, though," he said, adding, "the medieval thing's run its course," which is sure to bound to upset fans of Garrett's shadow-hopping antics.

Ghosthunter
08-27-04, 11:09 AM
What the heck...i dont want something more modern for Thief 3

We have Splinter Cell for that...

Keep Thief series as is...Deus Ex i never played first one and only heard complaints about second

Ninjaman09
08-27-04, 11:19 AM
Play the first one, it's one of the best games ever made. I'm not exaggerating. The second one was OK at best, I never played it too much.

Thief should stay medieval.

killahsin
08-27-04, 11:46 AM
I guess it all depends on how good the game ends up being eh?

Just getting news that they plan on another chapter in both series is great news. I would love to see a new thief on the unreal 3 engine or doom 3 engine =)

CaptNKILL
08-27-04, 12:36 PM
Bleh... I dont like where this is going at all.

DX was great... I have Invisible War installed right now and I havent played it in weeks. Its just not that much fun. I think they ruined the game and the atmosphere by removing the RPG elements and placing it too far in the future. The next one would either have to take place before the first, or involve laser guns and other stupid crap.. I mean, what the hell was with the floating robots in DXIW? So, the whole world collapsed and rather then use their resources to rebuild, they decided "gee it sure would be cool if robots could float a foot off the ground... it serves no real purpose but come on! We are supposed to be high tech!".

Id really prefer a DX game set in the 1990s to give some background to the story.

As for a more modern Thief... I dont know how thats going to work. It doesnt have to be like Splinter Cell... thats a military spy game. I think it would be cool if they set a Thief game in an era that isnt usually covered. Like the revolutionary war era, or industrial revolution or something. Rather than have it turn into the same old "uh oh they found me, ill spray them with my Mac-10" modern day crap, have more technology but have it limited.

SH64
08-27-04, 01:11 PM
Thief 4 = :drooling:

-=DVS=-
08-27-04, 01:21 PM
Meh they screwd up DeusEx IW buy makeing it console game :lame:

Small zones/no head shots/unifed ammo(its subjective but id rather have bit more realistic ammo then shooting rockes out of small box :rolleyes: ) and jut overaly alot less strategy then first i liked funny NG resonance but didn't buy DeusEx IW :cool3:
all these corporate game makers care IS money , untill they make good game they not getting penny from me :retard:

Edge
08-27-04, 01:41 PM
no head shots

Err, yes there was: hit someone in the head with the sniper rifle and it's an insta-kill, hit them anywhere else and they're only severely damaged. You can also get 1-hit kill headshots with the assassin pistol or a damage-modded regular pistol.

Anyway, kinda odd that they're talking about making Thief more "modern", wonder if that means we'll see some Metal Age-esq stuff in the next Thief? Or maybe it's more of a spin-off game with a new main character set closer to modern times that continues the story from the old games? Hmm, guess we'll see.

SH64
08-27-04, 01:50 PM
Anyway, kinda odd that they're talking about making Thief more "modern", wonder if that means we'll see some Metal Age-esq stuff in the next Thief? Or maybe it's more of a spin-off game with a new main character set closer to modern times that continues the story from the old games? Hmm, guess we'll see.

Yeah that would be interesting to see . i guess they deicded to move further in time so we might see new weapons , more modern locations , new (more advanced) itmes & gadgets ..etc .

-=DVS=-
08-27-04, 03:02 PM
Yes Edge i did play it i know its possible but only under few conditions , while in original Deus Ex or any other more realistic game you can hit enemy in the head with anything and kill quickly in Invisible Wars guy is faceing you - you shoot him in the head with pistol he still standing :lame:

nVidi0t
08-27-04, 03:07 PM
Thief 4 not Medieval? What's the ******* point.

OldOfEvil
08-27-04, 03:12 PM
"Deus Ex: Invisible War was a good game with solid reviews, but not enough people bought it. We'll fix that in the future."

:rolleyes:

Why don't they throw a T&A laden female character as the protagonist, swearing, lots of blood and blah blah blah..

I know its all greed driven, but some games just arenít going to have a mass appeal, thatís one thing that makes them innovative. It sucks they "dumb it down" for a broader audience..

Leech
08-28-04, 12:23 AM
The original Deus Ex kicked ass. The second one was a dumbed down console game. I don't even consider it a sequel (played it for about 20 minutes then gave up on it). The Thief games rock! If they're going to make another game, all I can say is make it like the others, or change the freaking name! Don't be like iD software and make Quake 3 and Doom 3 and they're not even real sequals. Actually I think one in much older time periods would be funner than in a modern era. Roman era thief would be killer.. Or maybe an Egyptian one where you have to rob tombs/pyramids.

Leech

v3rninate
08-28-04, 01:51 AM
DX1 was an AMAZING game, I'd say use the HL2 source engine and make DX3, that way it won't be Doom 3 enclosed and crappy. DX1 had huge areas that you could explore and find new neat things.

I didn't like how DX2:IW was so Doom 3-esk, it was not even Deus Ex at all. I think they should pull a DALLAS on us and make DX2 a dream and then DX3 be the real thing. LoL :lame:

Anywho, I would like for Deus Ex to make a comeback, I haven't played a game that could emerse me as much as that game did. Plus it was darn hard too, I might just whip that game out on my 6800gt lol. Talk about 238479 fps! lol :nanahump: :retard:

nVidi0t
08-28-04, 02:07 AM
V3rninate, in 6 months time there will be games with large outdoor environments using the Doom 3 engine. There is currently only ONE game using the Doom 3 engine and the NATURE of the game was to be "enclosed and crappy". People were saying the same thing when Quake 3 was released, and look at the games spawned from that engine.

Besides, DX never had really sprawling environments. The biggest was the area around the statue of liberty which wasnt exactly detailed. It was a bunch of empty space which lent nothing to the gameplay.

SH64
08-28-04, 02:12 AM
There is currently only ONE game using the Doom 3 engine and the NATURE of the game was to be "enclosed and crappy". People were saying the same thing when Quake 3 was released, and look at the games spawned from that engine.

Good point !

man i really like to see Thief 4 based on D3 enigne .

Leech
08-28-04, 10:59 PM
I've always been of the opinion that Doom 3 itself was going to be just 'ok' and that the games based on the engine were where the real kickassedness is going to be. (is that a word? If not, I'lll be the one to submit it to Webseter :D)

Leech

sbp
08-29-04, 04:01 PM
We've already screwed up the Tomb 'Ho franchise and tried milking Lara's massive breasts dry. We are in the process of messing up the Deus Ex franchise. Now what can we do to the Thief series? Oh yeah we can place in a modern setting just like Splinter Cell.

-Eidos mismanagement

vampireuk
08-29-04, 04:59 PM
They should have just left it at DX1 if that is all they could do for the sequel