PDA

View Full Version : Tribes Vengeance beta available now!

|-007-|
08-27-04, 07:35 PM
The Tribes Vengeance Beta is downloadable on fileplanet to subscribers. I wasn't a subscriber, but you can pay $6.95 to subscribe for a month to download this beta and others. I'm downloaded it now...hope to see lots of you guys playing it now or if you wait for it to be open! Can't wait to play it...been waiting so long!

nVidi0t
08-27-04, 11:47 PM
Give us some info once you have had some game time.

Omega53
08-28-04, 04:02 PM
Taken @ 1280x1024 Max details 4AA 8AF I had to chop off part of the 2nd pic to get it under the 200KB limit for uploadit.org
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Omega53-TribesV2.JPG http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Omega53-TribesV.JPG

nVidi0t
08-28-04, 04:09 PM
Looks good. Howe does it compare to Tribes 2? Looks pretty similiar.

Omega53
08-28-04, 04:38 PM
Looks good. Howe does it compare to Tribes 2? Looks pretty similiar.

The GFX are a lot better and it runs a lot smoother than tribes 2. The glow effect on some objects is amazing. Im definately buying this when it comes out. Gameplay is on par with the first tribes which says a lot for the game. Im very impressed with it so far.

jbirney
08-28-04, 11:32 PM
Good ol' Unreal powered engine :) Thanks for the pics!

Omega53
08-28-04, 11:48 PM
The lights through smoke look insane :drooling:
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Omega53-Tribesvengeance.JPG

lIqUID
08-28-04, 11:50 PM
got it today... not a fan of the series, this is my first Tribes experience. Its just another sucky FPS, IMO.

Arioch
08-29-04, 06:35 AM
got it today... not a fan of the series, this is my first Tribes experience. Its just another sucky FPS, IMO.

Well that's your loss. Tribes was an amazing game for multiplayer and I am looking forward to this one.

jbirney
08-29-04, 11:33 AM

yea I have played them all (except this one), and never been big fan..you have to like the game play..and if you do like it...then its good.

|JuiceZ|
08-30-04, 10:03 AM
Those screenies look great, hard to imagine thats based off a dx8 unreal engine :cool: Loved gameplay from Tribes 1, will have to try an d/l this one after work.

jbirney
08-30-04, 11:12 AM
Those screenies look great, hard to imagine thats based off a dx8 unreal engine.

Uhmmm, techincally one could agure that its a DX7 game. The only DX8 features are used to reduce the number of pass when its redners terrain info. The rest is more DX7 (ie no other pixel, vertex shadders used).

But would like to hear about what you thought after you tried it...

LycosV
08-30-04, 11:35 AM
Does it come with Renegades? Or a game mode similar to it? Renegades CTF or Defend and Destroy was all I played in the original. Building turrets and shields was great fun.

Omega53
08-30-04, 01:48 PM
Those screenies look great, hard to imagine thats based off a dx8 unreal engine :cool: Loved gameplay from Tribes 1, will have to try an d/l this one after work.

Actually they redid some of the graphics engine and it now has PS 2.0 effects in the game. Things like water and HDR are done in ps 2.0

|JuiceZ|
08-30-04, 02:05 PM
Uhmmm, techincally one could agure that its a DX7 game. The only DX8 features are used to reduce the number of pass when its redners terrain info. The rest is more DX7 (ie no other pixel, vertex shadders used).

But would like to hear about what you thought after you tried it...

Tru, like some would agrue that the Crytek engine is DX8 w/ a few DX9 features thrown in. For what its worth though, can't wait to try it out tonight.

Actually they redid some of the graphics engine and it now has PS 2.0 effects in the game. Things like water and HDR are done in ps 2.0

Was wondering about that cause I noticed the water in those screenies looked like they were using some PS2.0

nVidi0t
08-30-04, 04:18 PM
Tribes is simply awesome. It's like planetside without the streamlining needed to make it a MMOG.

Slyder
08-30-04, 04:21 PM

Agreed. I was not impressed with the first two outings to be honest, and the screenies posted look like a million other games already out.

Each to there own thou. :)

yuriz43
08-31-04, 06:24 AM
Tribes 1 was the greatest multiplayer FPS aside from Quake2 that I have ever played. Tribes 2 didn't really do it for me( I dunno why, maybe I was sick of tribes bt then).. But T:V has that old Starsiege look to it which really grabs my attention.. THe gameplay is great as usuall, and the new grapple hook adds another element to the game. And for the beta I would say its pretty damn solid...With few freezes every now and then, I am still able to just ctrl-alt-del out of T:V and restart the game. Which does not happen often; I played for a good 5 hours straight lol.

oh ya, nVidiot.. Funny you live in San Francisco... Did you ever goto any tribes lan parties at club-i( on Folsom st) a couple years back?

nVidi0t
08-31-04, 01:58 PM
Helly yeah, I have some screenies somewhere.