PDA

View Full Version : Mem clock speeds always back to 1.00ghz after reset?

lapino
08-28-04, 03:50 AM
I've tried a dozen times to get my 6800GT oc'd when booting up the pc in 3D mode. I can set core to 400mhz and mem to 1100mhz without artifacts, but after a reboot (even when choosing to apply the changes at startup), I always get 1ghz for the memory (core stays at 400)

Is this a known bug? (61.77)

FearMeAll
08-28-04, 08:21 AM
I had the same problem with using coolbits..I fixed it by using rivatuner to overclock..It never fails to force my clock speeds at boot.
hope that helps you bud.

superklye
08-28-04, 08:43 AM
yeah, i was having that problem too but then Doom 3 got all crazy on me when I was OCing, so I stopped OCing. Stock speeds are still damn good.

fivefeet8
08-28-04, 02:04 PM
Goto the start menu and select "run".. Then type in "msconfig"... Make sure NvCPl starts up with your system on boot up..

OWA
08-28-04, 02:44 PM
Try setting both the 2D and 3D speeds. I do it like this: set the 3D, test, apply, set the 2D speed (notice the memory will be showing what you set for 3D), test, apply, then set the 3D, test, and apply. Not sure if I need that final one or not. I think you may only have to set both the 2D and 3D once. The "trick" to getting them to stick was discovered by skypx (as far as I know). If you search the forum you can find the links talking about all this.

Edit: Here is the post. This is for when using the manual overclocking, btw.

From skypx:

This may seem weird but please try it, I did and it worked. Go to the 3d tab and set it to the speeds you want. Hit apply. Now go to the 2d tab, you will notice the memory setting are the same as the 3d tab. Put the memory settings back to default. Hit apply. Now go back to the 3d tab and set it how you want it. Hit apply. I did this just playing around the other day, and after several restarts, the memory settings did not revert to default.

Warden13
08-28-04, 02:51 PM
I had the same problem with Coolbits and Rivatuner corrected it. Once I was certain my OC was stable I flashed the bios with those settings and it's good to go :)

Warden