PDA

View Full Version : Help flashing 5900u to 5950

Fx-Rat
08-28-04, 12:01 PM
My brother has giving me a leadtek 5900u and I wont to flas it to a 5950u, I went to http://www.mvktech.net/download.php
and downloaded the leadtek 5959u bios and tryed nvflash and it just keeps giving flash options but it saved the orginial,it names this file leadtek.fx5950u.Rev.02.rom, do I have to type all that to get it to flash it or can I rename it to 5950u.rom and will that work, I tryed wfflash and it would only load the bios if I put it in as 5950u~1.rom and then it said THERE IS A CONFLICT IN THE VGA BIOS AND ROM FILE,ABORT THE FLASH ROM PROGRAM,and it quit, it wont let me flash it.I tryed Winsock and it wont let me flash either because it is two different bioses.

jimmor
08-28-04, 05:10 PM
My brother has giving me a leadtek 5900u and I wont to flas it to a 5950u, I went to http://www.mvktech.net/download.php
and downloaded the leadtek 5959u bios and tryed nvflash and it just keeps giving flash options but it saved the orginial,it names this file leadtek.fx5950u.Rev.02.rom, do I have to type all that to get it to flash it or can I rename it to 5950u.rom and will that work, I tryed wfflash and it would only load the bios if I put it in as 5950u~1.rom and then it said THERE IS A CONFLICT IN THE VGA BIOS AND ROM FILE,ABORT THE FLASH ROM PROGRAM,and it quit, it wont let me flash it.I tryed Winsock and it wont let me flash either because it is two different bioses.

For flashing your 5900u with a 5950u bios,

Flash the bios using nvflash.exe v4.41

nvflash -r (removes any protection)

nvflash -b ORIGBIOS.ROM (saves original bios)

nvflash -u -p -fBIOSNAME.ROM (flash new bios file)

However because of DOS filname restriction, "ORIGBIOS.ROM" and "BIOSNAME.ROM" must have max of 8 char's in first part of filename and max of 3 char's in extender part, otherwise DOS will not recognise command.

Fx-Rat
08-28-04, 06:26 PM
For flashing your 5900u with a 5950u bios,

Flash the bios using nvflash.exe v4.41

nvflash -r (removes any protection)

nvflash -b ORIGBIOS.ROM (saves original bios)

nvflash -u -p -fBIOSNAME.ROM (flash new bios file)

However because of DOS filname restriction, "ORIGBIOS.ROM" and "BIOSNAME.ROM" must have max of 8 char's in first part of filename and max of 3 char's in extender part, otherwise DOS will not recognise command.

Thanks I renamed the file to ufx5950u.rom and added the -r command and it let me flash, Now I have a A380 5950ultra and it is working with no problems.