PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 6800nu problems

klipse
08-28-04, 03:25 PM
Hello everybody, been scanning the forum for awhile and I have tried searching but have still not been able to fix my problem. The problem I am having is that in most games my computer runs great such as doom 3 I can run at 1600X1200 high quality no prob. However with other games such as farcry and painkilller no matter what settings I have while facing a certain direction the framerate is really high, then I will turn and face another way and the game turns into a slideshow, I have tried all the newest drivers. Anyone else having a problem like this and if so how did they fix it , thanks!

spirited1
08-29-04, 11:46 AM
I had similar problems. Make sure that you've installed the chipset drivers for your motherboard - they can be found on the cd that accompanies your motherboard.

SH64
08-29-04, 12:59 PM
Are you getting this while running FarCry@1600x1200 ??

it looks normal to me because you're going for a very high res with video card that has low memory so your framerate is going down .

Doom3 is another case because the GeForce 6 series perform very well in it .

Pantherman
08-29-04, 03:37 PM
I have to say I've never heard of that one, but I'd try the suggestion to update your mobo drivers. The 6800s are new cards that might not be compatible with all motherboards.

Cota
08-29-04, 03:49 PM
He means chipset drivers, you can download the latest nforce3 drivers from www.nvidia.com and via drivers from www.viaarena.com

ChrisRay
08-29-04, 07:45 PM
Are you getting this while running FarCry@1600x1200 ??

it looks normal to me because you're going for a very high res with video card that has low memory so your framerate is going down .

Doom3 is another case because the GeForce 6 series perform very well in it .

That resolution shouldnt be a problem for Far Cry if he keeps Anti Aliasing off.

Kamel
08-29-04, 07:50 PM
yea, i was thinking the same thing. also, it depends on a definition of a slide show... it could be like 2-4FPS, and you shouldn't even get that slow at 1600x1200 with aa and af.

i really can't think of what the problem is... but i can say that just because it plays doom3 so well doesn't mean it's going to play fc like ass

JediDrew
08-30-04, 03:54 AM
Argh! I had the same problem I had a dirty install of XP and was getting 45FPS on far cry. After doing a clean install my DOOM 3 FPS went from 25 to 46 and my Far cry went from 45 to low 20's dunno whats wrong I know its not the card. I just deicded to get rid of far cry. This is running at 1024X800 or whatever it is I forgot lol with AA off and of course Vsync off. Though MY FPS are higher with it on.