PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Preload question

AlphaWolfII
08-29-04, 10:59 AM
Anyone else having a problem downloading this? I've been trying for days and all I ever get is a message that the server is too busy.

Is there another method to dwnload besides steam?

AWII

Ninjaman09
08-29-04, 11:13 AM
I downloaded it yesterday without problems.

jbirney
08-29-04, 11:25 AM
Anyone else having a problem downloading this? I've been trying for days and all I ever get is a message that the server is too busy.

Is there another method to dwnload besides steam?

AWII

Not any leagal ones :)

I had this happen to me too. I just keep hiting the download button every few minutes while I was doing other work on the pc and sooner or later I got to download it..

SH64
08-29-04, 11:38 AM
Yes .. i'm having the same problem .

AlphaWolfII
08-30-04, 06:57 AM
This is complete BS!!!!

I've been trying from 7:00AM to 11:00PM for days.

Why don't they have some kind of queue system where you can just line up and wait?

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!

AWII

AthlonXP1800
08-30-04, 07:17 AM
Well it happened to me too. At around 01.40am today, it failed to download, I waited until a few mins later and it started to download Half Life 2 at 01.45am. It took 1 hour to completed download. :D

FastRedPonyCar
08-31-04, 10:03 AM
Valve got smart with this. Sure they're still gonna get plenty of pirates getting the CD versions released all over but I think that a ton of people are going to be downloading it and to my knowledge, there is no way to unlock it. Valve will release the unlocking file or whatever on the relase date.

It downloaded fine for me. I just let it run over the weekend and it had a box saying that a locked version was on my pc. :angel2:
________
toyota w transmission (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_W_transmission)

MadPt
08-31-04, 07:54 PM
I didn't get that error message and i downloaded it in 3 separate times.
The first and last times were pretty slow, the second time it was pretty fast.
I also now have the locked game in my HD, but altough sometimes slow, never had a refusal from server.
Perhaps if you try it in a less busy time ??!!?? ;)

Now, i'm waiting for the word GO, Valve... :D