PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor problems with 6800 and K8N Neo2

jcav5
08-29-04, 08:35 PM
I am trying to find out if this problem is just happening to me or not. I have a pny 6800 ultra and an msi k8n neo2 plat. running in a 2 monitor config.

If I have the secondary monitor plugged into the video card my primary monitor will lose picture and go into sleep mode any time I run an application. The secondary monitor does not evem have to be enable just plugged in. When I have it enable same thing happens primary dead, secondary works??

Strange stuff going on here. If anyone can confirm this with their own multi monitor config please let me know.

Jocomp10
08-29-04, 08:47 PM
I have two monitors and the setup seems to work just fine.

BuzzLightyear
08-30-04, 06:13 AM
6800GT dual monitor, no problem here either.

onkaboy
09-29-04, 12:45 PM
I've got the same motherboard (K8N Neo2) and a Galaxy 6800. I'm also having problems with dual monitor setup. One of them will keep turning off for a short amount of time every so often. Sometimes it turns off for longer periods of time. Seems to only do it if I am activly doing something on the screen though.

Back to using one monitor at the moment.

Cranq
10-08-04, 12:35 AM
I have an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and a BFG 6800 GT, and have 2 monitors attached.

The D-sub one (not the one with the DFI adaptor) loses its image signal regularly. If I drag a window or spin the mouse scroll wheel, then it's flicker city, complete with monitor relay clicks.

Very annoying. I used to have my second monitor hooked up to an old ATI Rage PCI video card, and it was stable (being a separate video card, duh) but then I started getting lockups on startup, so I went with nview and am now sad in a different way.

Progress...

Cranq
10-12-04, 01:19 PM
Well, I thought it might be the PSU (I had a 360w one in there originally), so I upgraded to an Antec True Blue 480w with 28A available on the 12v rail.

Same problem.

At this point I'm not sure if it is a hardware or software issue. I have seen the same problem using Windows 2000 and Knoppix 3.6. It _could_ still be software, if the Linux drivers have the same bug as the Windows drivers have. Otherwise its hw, but that's just bizarre, because the card works fine with either monitor attached.

Ludic
10-12-04, 10:19 PM
It might be a BIOS problem with the motherboard. I had a problem with my K8N Neo Platin um where the CPU fan wouldn't spin at startup, and it was because the fan wasn't getting enough voltage at startup. A BIOS update fixed the problem.

Cranq
10-24-04, 09:47 AM
It might be a BIOS problem with the motherboard.

DING DING DING -- You are correct sir.

I updated the mobo BIOS with the MSI live update proggy and the problem went away. Much better.

I tried adding in the old PCI video card back in, but those problems remain.

Don't matter tho, I can still plug in my 2 monitors and be happy.

Blacklash
10-24-04, 09:50 AM
It might be a BIOS problem with the motherboard. I had a problem with my K8N Neo Platin um where the CPU fan wouldn't spin at startup, and it was because the fan wasn't getting enough voltage at startup. A BIOS update fixed the problem.

Ludic what BIOS are you running currently? I have that same mobo incoming and have heard 1.36 is nice.