PDA

View Full Version : Finally Finished Doom3!

majortom
08-30-04, 12:39 PM
:nanahump: oh yeah! i'm so glad i finished it when i did. i was getting frustrated and tired of playing it especially around the middle of delta lab, and im glad that (spoiler?) things finally picked up near the end and started playing more like the original doom. i gotta say, in terms of gameplay d3 was pretty good overall. not great, as i thought in the beginning but fun enough to be worth the purchase. now im getting into map design and hopefully will crank out a few in the near future. :) now for HL2!

nVidi0t
08-30-04, 05:21 PM
I really liked the Delta Labs part =/

Moot
08-31-04, 01:41 AM
I’m currently playing in the “Recycling sector 2”. How far through the game is that in percentage. Just approximately and don’t tell me what come text or anything I’m just curious as to how far through the game I am.

nVidi0t
08-31-04, 02:15 AM
Not very.

dante_uk
08-31-04, 07:27 AM
I’m currently playing in the “Recycling sector 2”. How far through the game is that in percentage. Just approximately and don’t tell me what come text or anything I’m just curious as to how far through the game I am.

Halfway, just. Next map is short and sweet, lovely view :D

nVidi0t
08-31-04, 07:43 AM
I thought the best parts of the game were the beginning up until Alpha Labs and Delta Labs 2-4, it turns into a real frag fest on veteran.

Sazar
08-31-04, 09:03 AM
delta labs was fun frag-fest.. bit repetitive but good atmosphere :D

nVidi0t
08-31-04, 02:29 PM
I found Hell pretty creative and pleasingly disturbing aswell. I also love the effects of hell consuming the base upon returning to the Delta Labs, Hell, I just love the game :clap:

Slyder
09-01-04, 07:34 AM
I finished it about 2 weeks ago.

They should really of done more levels in Hell. Very disapointing. No sooner had I got out the same type of metal corridors, I got chucked straight back into them :lame:

majortom
09-01-04, 08:49 AM
i agree. hell is surprisingly small. no wonder all those demons were pissed. i'd be pissed too if i were stuck in that cramped space for all eternity.

Sabadin
09-01-04, 04:13 PM
Trapped in that small little place and then summoned into an even more cramped place with no lights, no wonder they were so damned angry.

oldsk00l
09-01-04, 06:27 PM
the baby evil cherub locust things were disturbing as well, good ol id.

grimreefer
09-01-04, 11:22 PM
the baby evil cherub locust things were disturbing as well, good ol id.
i just got the chainsaw, how much farther till i face the baby?

V. Slayer
09-02-04, 01:00 AM
Just finished tonight. I liked it. It provided a unique game experience that you don't get with a lot of games that are on the market right now. Some of the situations are disturbing, but the overall experience was worth it.

whiskeychaser
09-02-04, 06:32 AM
The game really picks up at the start of hell til the end. They did a great job setting the mood. Just wish they were a little more creative with the gameplay. Overall, a lot of fun, but it's already got a thin layer of dust on it, sitting up there on my shelf.

nVidi0t
09-02-04, 07:26 AM
The Guardian is an awesome boss.

majortom
09-02-04, 07:54 AM
i agree. but it was hell on my comp. the frame rates dropped to below 15, so basically aiming was near impossible. i ended up turning on god mode (just at that level :P) so i wouldnt have to keep reloading it.