PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I get Custom Resolution working?

wazooda
09-01-04, 01:41 PM
I want to set a 1200x900x32 custom resolution (although this problem occurs when I try ANY custom resolution).

I enter the info in the Nvidia driver's (61.77) custom resolution area and add the new res.

However, when I switch to it, my monitor goes black and then the monitor's sleep mode kicks in; exactly like no picture is being output to the monitor.

I'm confident it is not a refresh rate issue as I have a Sony W900 24" that will go to 1920x1200 without a problem. Further, when I *do* give too high a refresh rate at standard resolutions, the monitor inidicates so on the black screen.

I'm using a 6800 Ultra so I figure this should work....

Any thoughts?

Wazoo

JGene
09-02-04, 06:26 AM
Try using Power Strip to do it. I've seen that problem before on my LCD screen and my only guess was that the drivers were sending some refresh rate that my monitor didn't like.

wazooda
09-02-04, 11:31 AM
Try using Power Strip to do it. I've seen that problem before on my LCD screen and my only guess was that the drivers were sending some refresh rate that my monitor didn't like.

Will PowerStrip transfer over into a gaming enviroment. OR, put another way, if I set PowerStrip to 1200x900, get it to work fine in the Desktop, go into a game that allows custom res, and then set the game to that res, should it work?

Thanks!

Wazoo

JGene
09-07-04, 03:10 AM
I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. Try it in PowerStrip and see if that works for you :)