PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT 61.77 driver issues ... perhaps

JootecFromMars
09-01-04, 04:22 PM
I've come across a few games now where I've installed them and then they fail to load - America's Army v2.1, Diablo 2, Anno 1503 demo and some other demos. They attempt to load, give me a blank screen for a split second and then go back to desktop.

Diablo 2 might give the answer. When running the video test, although the screen flicks black for a few seconds when doing the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests it can't find a video adapter. When I run the same test on my other PC, it detects both DirectDraw & 3D on my Radeon 9600 Pro and asks me which adapter to choose. America's Army came back with some DirectX Init() failure - I can't remember now. A bit of speculation would also indicate it can't find a video adapter.

Both PC's are running XP SP2 and latest drivers for everything.

Is anybody else getting these issues? Reinstalling drivers and games doesn't solve my problems.

Thanks

-=DVS=-
09-01-04, 07:10 PM
61.77 suppose to be very stable , but you could also try other drivers 66.00 are decent.

From what you describeing sounds like windows don't recognize 6800 correctly , you have two computers one with 9600 and other with 6800 ? you could try switching them and see if 9600 runs ok in your main rig and 6800 on another PC !

racingx
09-02-04, 05:52 AM
What does DirectX Diagnostics tell you? Does it have the 6800 set as your primary video adapter and is all accleration turned up?

JootecFromMars
09-02-04, 10:14 AM
Running DxDiag shows the following:

http://www.jamesm.fast24.co.uk/images/dxdiag.jpg

I've run the DirectDraw & Direct3D test and no problems.