PDA

View Full Version : OK so where are the REAL 65.xx WHQL?

Pages : [1] 2

sabrewulf165
09-01-04, 07:04 PM
I've seen the thread on here with the link to fujitsu's site, downloaded those drivers, and even though they appear to be WHQL, they still BSOD when I exit UT2k4, so I'm skeptical at best about their validity. If they are legit and final, why hasn't the big NV posted them yet?

vläd
09-01-04, 07:44 PM
I can't comment on whether they're legit and final, but I am having no issues with UT2k4. But then again, I'm not running an AMD 64 either.

Nimzara
09-01-04, 08:51 PM
I'm having the same problem, and it happens with Lineage II as well.

I also have an A64 3400+. I get BSODs when closing UT2K4 & Lineage II. :(

Demanufakture
09-01-04, 09:38 PM
I have an amd 64 and unreal 2004. I have had not one single problem with any of my games with the latest 61.77 driver. No crashes, no bsod, no sluggish performance. I would have to say that the problem that you are having is with improperly installed drivers for you gpu or other system components. Possibly also, your windows installation may be corrupt. My system is perfect, no errors of any kind. PS: I dont overclock.

VanillaCoke
09-01-04, 10:07 PM
I have an A64 and i also have no such problems...

therapture
09-01-04, 10:44 PM
I have an A64 and i also have no such problems...

A64 here as well, UT2K4 is perfect, no crash on exit. As are Far Cry, Doom3, GLQuake, Quake3, Motocross Madness2, Flight Simulator 2004, and RTCW :) Using the 65.73's

RanCorX2
09-02-04, 02:19 AM
why do poeple think thier fake just because they get a bsod?

Knot3D
09-02-04, 05:36 AM
^ Becuz WHQL drivers shouldn't give you a bsod in the 1st place.

Anyway, I'm sticking with 61.77 until Nividia itself posts new
WHQL Forceware on their OWN site for DL. 61.77 serves me
very well cuz I need 100% stability.

Gator
09-02-04, 05:39 AM

I wouldn't say that, as we all know Microsoft is most definetly not perfect at tweaking their software. Just look at how often updates come out for it ;)

Demanufakture
09-02-04, 05:47 AM
Any bsod you get because of system drivers is not because of the driver. Its the system the driver is installed in. An unstable system with improperly installed system components will get bsod's. One thing that is imperative is to make sure that before you install a new nvidia driver, use you windows add/remove programs app. to remove the current driver first. reboot your system, go to your nvidia display driver folder and delete your remaining old driver folder and then install the new driver you want. After you reboot one more time your driver will be installed correctly. If this does not fix your problem, then its a more serious problem with your system and not the nvidia driver.

Knot3D
09-02-04, 05:48 AM
^ ok, but are we gonna take a stand for consumer rights or not ? I mean, the cards cost dearly and I also expect nothing less than good driver support for it.

(and yes, i use driver cleaner and keep my win xp as clean as possible)

Demanufakture
09-02-04, 05:57 AM
^ ok, but are we gonna take a stand for consumer rights or not ? I mean, the cards cost dearly and I also expect nothing less than good driver support for it.

(and yes, i use driver cleaner and keep my win xp as clean as possible)

Nvidia has always had excellent driver support. That is why I am a loyal nvidia user. I have a ti 4600, fx 5800 ultra, and a fx 5950 ultra. Nvidia's driver support has always been top notch. Just because a few people have problems with the driver does not mean its nvidia's driver that is causing the problem. Many people just dont know the proper way to install drivers or other components in their systems and end up with bsod's and other errors because of an unstable system. I haven't had any of the critical errors some people in this forum are reporting and never do. A sign of a stable system with all components successfully installed and setup. :nana:. Plus , this driver is NOT an official nvidia release, just because its whql does not make it official. Dont complain about a beta driver. Its beta, "Use at your own risk."

vampireuk
09-02-04, 06:01 AM
Many people just dont know the proper way to install drivers or other components in their systems and end up with bsod's and other errors because of an unstable system

Yes because double clicking a file can lead to all sorts of nasty things, these people are obviously clicking the exe too fast

Nimzara
09-02-04, 06:03 AM
I have an amd 64 and unreal 2004. I have had not one single problem with any of my games with the latest 61.77 driver. No crashes, no bsod, no sluggish performance. I would have to say that the problem that you are having is with improperly installed drivers for you gpu or other system components. Possibly also, your windows installation may be corrupt. My system is perfect, no errors of any kind. PS: I dont overclock.

65.xx is the culprit for some video games, not 61.77. Those work fine. :p

Demanufakture
09-02-04, 06:06 AM
65.xx is the culprit for some video games, not 61.77. Those work fine. :p

therapture above with specs similar to mine has reported no such bsod or crashes in ut2004 with 65.xx driver. This is why I brought it up. I havent tried the beta driver yet but im sure if i did, i would have no problems at all because i would properly install them.

Knot3D
09-02-04, 06:06 AM
Plus , this driver is NOT an official nvidia release, just because its whql does not make it official. Dont complain about a beta driver.

Well, like I said... i have zero problems with the official 61.77 which I am keeping until the next official Forceware. It's just that I was kind of wondering about what's the deal with those WHQL 65.73, alot of ppl posting
about bsods.

Demanufakture
09-02-04, 06:09 AM
Well, like I said... i have zero problems with the official 61.77 which I am keeping until the next official Forceware. It's just that I was kind of wondering about what's the deal with those WHQL 65.73, alot of ppl posting
about bsods.

Im sure the problem is on their end and they just dont know it. dont worry about it if you dont have any problems.
PS: Im going to wait for the next official release as well, im tired of all the beta's.

Nimzara
09-02-04, 06:09 AM
therapture above with specs similar to mine has reported no such bsod or crashes in ut2004 with 65.xx driver. This is why I brought it up. I havent tried the beta driver yet but im sure if i did, i would have no problems at all because i would properly install them.

k (spit)

skoprowski
09-02-04, 07:37 AM
Are those with BSOD's and Athlon 64s running service pack 2? Certain programs have issues with the Athlon 64 when SP2 is installed.

Scott

Demanufakture
09-02-04, 08:13 AM
Are those with BSOD's and Athlon 64s running service pack 2? Certain programs have issues with the Athlon 64 when SP2 is installed.

Scott

I have been using the official sp2 since it came out and have not had any problems at all. I keep the firewall, auto-update, and virus detection off. I can handle that myself, but nice idea for newbies microsoft. Sp2 is perfect for me. Im loving it, windows seems more stable and faster.

skoprowski
09-02-04, 09:36 AM
In certain circumstances SP2 can have issues with Athlon64s. I have had no issues, but it may be possible the BSOD's could be related.

Look here:

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=22833

Electronic Punk
09-02-04, 10:02 AM
There will be no official 65.xx drivers - or 66.xx for that matter.

Bah!
09-02-04, 11:05 AM

There is no guarantee that its the drivers that cause the bsod. It could be completely unrelated and the new drivers just show a weakness in the system that was otherwise not noticable before.

I have these drivers on my 64bit system and havent had a single bsod in any game, including the ones mentioned in this thread. Of course i'm not running SP2 which has been the cause of tons of computer problems since it was released.

Yes because double clicking a file can lead to all sorts of nasty things, these people are obviously clicking the exe too fast

If thats all you do to install your drivers, then yes all sorts of nasty things are bound to happen. You don't just overwrite your old drivers and then complain when something goes wrong.

r2d2d3d4d5
09-02-04, 11:18 AM
"NVIDIA is about to release its long awaited WHQL driver." (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18231)

Lindy
09-02-04, 11:20 AM

These drivers wont install with a double click, there is no setup.exe, its the old fashion way. (mag)