PDA

View Full Version : Boxes of poop in Doom III alpha?

pelly
11-03-02, 05:51 PM
Rumor has it...on the third level for the Doom 3 alpha...there are some boxes right before the final door ( where the creature comes out of the floor )....

These boxes have some writing on the side of them.....very easy to read....they say "POOP"... :p

I guess some developer was really bored one day and just needed a temp "filler" for a name...

:D

DaveW
11-03-02, 10:08 PM
In the final game you will be able to pick up the box, open it, take out the poop and throw it at the zombies. It distracts them as they like to eat it.

volt
11-03-02, 10:16 PM
any other surprises? :p

PenguinJim
11-03-02, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by volt
any other surprises? :p

Well, if you double-click on the Help.txt file in the base directory, it reads: "No help allowed! - volt"

;)

I love you really :)

volt
11-03-02, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Well, if you double-click on the Help.txt file in the base directory, it reads: "No help allowed! - volt"

;)

I love you really :)

HAHA
good one :D

pelly
11-04-02, 04:37 PM
bunch-o-bull

Er.....what?

:confused:

Matthyahuw
11-04-02, 06:30 PM
The top of the boxes say "POOPY"
and the sides say POOP with a sticker over the Y...

pelly
11-04-02, 09:24 PM
Wow...since I'm unemployed...I guess I have time to post a link to a picture of the "Poop Box" to prove to Scooter that they do exist...

WARNING...following this link will ruin the surprise of the "poop box" should it make it to the retail version of the game...

:p

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~seanp/PC/Doom3_Poop.png
( 1024*768 with max FSAA ) :P

Those wanting to see a cool image of a monster, at 1024 with max FSAA....follow this link:

Note...this is no joke now...following this link will ruin your experience when the retail version comes out....

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~seanp/PC/Doom3_A.png

thcdru2k
11-04-02, 10:45 PM
anyway..how so? we've already seen the screenie of the bathroom scene.

and..i wonder how long these pics will stay up till the mods come :)

pelly
11-04-02, 10:51 PM
Not everyone has seen the monster screens.......plus, this is an actual image from actual gameplay with FPS showing...

As far as the links are concerned, Volt already made it clear that links were fine so long as there was no content on the site showing where to get the demo or any other information. In this case, the link leads only to a picture so it is fine...

thcdru2k
11-04-02, 10:53 PM
o i c...but i mean thats the exact scene that was officially showed at e3 and been on the internet for months now. if they do see won't ruin their experience :) and its an alpha and ppls hardware are different so fps means nothing really.

volt
11-04-02, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by pelly
Not everyone has seen the monster screens.......plus, this is an actual image from actual gameplay with FPS showing...

As far as the links are concerned, Volt already made it clear that links were fine so long as there was no content on the site showing where to get the demo or any other information. In this case, the link leads only to a picture so it is fine...

I love when people listen :D

LORD-eX-Bu
11-05-02, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by volt
I love when people listen :D

Haha. *wipes tear from eye* Haha!:p

Kruno
11-05-02, 12:43 AM
I want to be Volt's bizsh. :D

pelly
11-05-02, 09:03 AM
Hey man...I just follow the rules......

Its not like I painted my nails and am following Volt around wearing a dress or anything! :D

If we're going to punish people for breaking rules, we'd better be sure we're following them as well...

;)

marqmajere
11-06-02, 04:05 AM
You know a game is going to be good when even the urinals look hardcore. :D

Marqus

|JuiceZ|
11-06-02, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by marqmajere
You know a game is going to be good when even the urinals look hardcore. :D

Marqus

LOL! got that right.... I'm actually waiting to see w/ other developers do w/ the D3 engine, not just the game itself. MOHAA 2 anyone?

PenguinJim
11-07-02, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
I'm actually waiting to see w/ other developers do w/ the D3 engine, not just the game itself. MOHAA 2 anyone?

I wanna see Shogun: MAD 2 please :)

Or maybe The Sims converted into a FPS.... now THAT Would be interesting. If the guns were powerful enough, that is :D