PDA

View Full Version : Engine room video

lunix
11-03-02, 05:27 PM
That has got to be the sweetest set of datacenters I have ever seen in my life. I had to laugh when the tourguide was pointing going on about the amount of Linux horsepower going in with the big Microsoft banner in the background. Hehe you know you need to upgrade when a job takes 7 weeks to do :)

ricercar
11-10-02, 12:37 AM
There are a lot of companies here in silicon valley with huge data centers, and insane numbers of CPUs. However, nearly all of them are web farms or database servers.

I like the idea that NVIDIA throws so much metal at crunching numbers and designing new chips, instead of serving Joe-bob a new page of p0rn, or letting Mary store a new version of payroll. Real work is done by the first estate, not the merchant class.

BTW Joe Sura is a real NVIDIA empoyee, not an actor, FWIW.

wb22gprix
11-10-02, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ricercar
BTW Joe Sura is a real NVIDIA empoyee, not an actor, FWIW.

From what I can tell, Tyler from the "NVIDIA Club" video is a real NVIDIA employee as well...atleast he sounds a LOT like one of the guys from the conference call the other day, not Huang, but the fella that read off the quarter financial results.

Uttar
11-11-02, 02:01 PM
I think the one who reads the quarter financial results is either the Investor Relations lead or the Chief Financial Officier. I'd bet on the first one since the CTO is kinda new ( he was introduced in the Q2 Conference call )

Uttar

FastM
11-11-02, 05:58 PM
going off the quality of the acting, im willing to bet everyone in that room are real employees.