PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player 10 question???

d2thez
09-02-04, 11:08 AM
I just downloaded WMP10 onto two computers and installd it. While it works great, I have one tiny question for those of you out there who also installed it...is there a little place-marker red X towards the upper right corner of the player?

I looked at online shots and it showed that the MSN butterfly should be there. When I click on it, the butterfly doesn't show up. It is just sort of a eye-sore. Anybody have the same problem??

rewt
09-02-04, 08:33 PM
I had a similar issue. Turned out to be the Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in. For some reason it went into the "Background" category, and made a red X show up on my media player. Try looking to see if a certain plug-in may be causing your error.

View > Plug-ins > Options

Hope this helped :)

rewt
09-08-04, 02:22 AM
ok that wasn't it. what you need is MSN Music Assistant. I have no idea where it came from, but its showing up in my Add/Remove programs list, and the little butterfly shows up when I select MSN music from the menu within media player. perhaps you just need to have automatic updates on and let media player download the update. i installed the media player bonus pack too, so that might have done it.

Sazar
09-08-04, 02:30 AM
I have the little red X... :)

didn't realise it was a nero plug-in thinger or anything else...

i havent reinstalled nero since formatting... might do that and see if it fixes things...

thanks for the headsup :thumbsup:

d2thez
09-08-04, 07:49 AM
Well I fixed it...sort of. I turned on my machine this morning, opened WMP10 and BAM...it was there. The MSN butterfly finally decided to show and I nolonger had a red X. Weird sh*t man....