PDA

View Full Version : Please help..Aperture..

aaroncody
09-03-04, 06:31 PM
OK, ive read TONS of posts about changing the aperture size for you video card but have see no where how to do it. It is not in my bios to change the sperture siz. I also dont know where to look to see where it is at. I have tried a number of utilities to help and one told em that i had 64 mb aperture but i cant find that utility again. lol and reccomendations?

Also, I am running dual monitors...1-Viewsonic v900 19" LCD, 21" IMB flat screen. I want to use the nview setting to make games launch on the IBM but cant seem to get it to work. Any advice?

btw- my vidoe card is geforce fx 5900.

Thanks

Aaron

Rytr
09-03-04, 07:14 PM
OK, ive read TONS of posts about changing the aperture size for you video card but have see no where how to do it. It is not in my bios to change the sperture siz. I also dont know where to look to see where it is at. I have tried a number of utilities to help and one told em that i had 64 mb aperture but i cant find that utility again. lol and reccomendations?

Also, I am running dual monitors...1-Viewsonic v900 19" LCD, 21" IMB flat screen. I want to use the nview setting to make games launch on the IBM but cant seem to get it to work. Any advice?

btw- my vidoe card is geforce fx 5900.

Thanks

Aaron

If it's not in the bios you may need to update your bios. It also may be listed as 'PCI Latency Timer' or something simular in your bios. Options generally include 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256. A setting of 128 is the most common.

EciDemon
09-03-04, 07:28 PM
Naw the pci latency timer is something else

aaroncody
09-03-04, 07:43 PM
i just updated my bios to the latest released by gigabyte and still no option for aperture size. Only an option for AGP frequency rate. I believe that is just overclocking....

Aaron

Rytr
09-03-04, 08:09 PM
Naw the pci latency timer is something else

You're right.

aaroncody, the AGP frequency default is normally set to 66MHz, and yes, that is not what you are looking for.
Do you have your manual? If not, what Gigabyte board do you have?

aaroncody
09-03-04, 08:22 PM
nope no manual. ive got a gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro2.

Rytr
09-03-04, 08:54 PM
In the bios try 'CRTL + F1' and see if that gives you access to extra advanced settings.

aaroncody
09-03-04, 09:00 PM
Rytr, i love you. Ive been looking for the answer for 4+hours and finally got it.

THX

Rytr
09-03-04, 09:06 PM
Rytr, i love you. Ive been looking for the answer for 4+hours and finally got it.

THX

Well, it took me an hour to remember...I put a system together using that board just a couple of months ago. Good board, BTW.