PDA

View Full Version : Carmack comments on the Doom III leak

volt
11-03-02, 09:23 PM
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=44077&cid=4591655

PenguinJim
11-03-02, 09:46 PM
Thought it was really him for a minute :(

"I have decided to abandon the project, and programming altogether".....

Still, I'm sure the first comment made by 'John Carmack' isn't far off the truth. Although I'm still tempted to ask him to email me some compressed sounds ;)

edit: OK my bad, the first comment is very likely JC himself :D the second one seems to be some guy trying to convince the world JC is leaving the programming industry to become a rocket scientist :rolleyes: and apparently, an XBox avatar :rolleyes:

Starscream
11-03-02, 09:48 PM
The first one actually is John Carmack. The second is from someone using the name John Carmac. (period instead of k at the end).

volt
11-03-02, 10:32 PM
Check the ID#'s hehe

The Baron
11-03-02, 11:06 PM
Making any judgements from a snapshot intended for a non-interactive demo is ill advised.

Yeah. It's true.... but then again, it's the most amazing engine ever. Even in super-pre-alpha state...

sebazve
11-03-02, 11:24 PM
oh yeah poor john:rolleyes:

i dont see how this would affect the game. In fact this will help id. I mean everyone jump to download this suckers even when it was an alpha, only because of how much hype this game have and this will only increase that.

Oh yeah they are worried because people can judge the game cause of this alpha version. These people were/are going to do it anyway, they are just waiting an excuse.

Well i have download it and i can tell you it looks amazing. I dont find at all alpha leaks anything warez related.