PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of OC not sticking bug?

nVidiaGuru
09-05-04, 04:02 AM
I wanted to push my gpu to its very limits tonight but as i began testing i noticed a (new to me) bug that affected my gpu core OC. The problem is when I start a 3D application everything is fine and runs at 500mhz(my usual overclock) then i exit and try another 3d app and the core speed is stuck in 2D mode @ 300mhz. When i reboot and start up a 3D app the core is back to 500, and once again the second 3d app i start is stuck in 2D@300 again. The drivers report what i set the speeds at, but will not run at that speed after the first 3D app.

Im monitoring the speeds with rivatuner and im using the 66.00 drivers. I have tried overclocking both through rivatuner and nvidia's control panel and they both give me the same results. I also tried setting the mem in 2d and applying then the core in 3d and applying which also had no affect. The core speed does not fluctuate/thermal throttle at 500, and my core never goes above 45c.

ill have to try some diff divers tomorrow after work, but for now is anyone else experiencing/having this issue?

Lfctony
09-05-04, 04:35 AM
Its probably a bug with the 66.00 drivers, I wouldn't worry about it. It will probably be fixed in a later driver revision.

nVidiaGuru
09-05-04, 05:33 AM
haha funny story my fried mary jane came by so now im gonna be up for a while

time for the 65.73's!

nVidiaGuru
09-05-04, 06:39 AM
65.73's didnt help so i guess ill have to do more investigating tomorrow

Wo0
09-23-04, 12:58 PM
...pass mary jane to me for a moment,son... :smoking2:

RacerX27
09-23-04, 08:26 PM
Try the same testing with the card at stock speeds. If you don't have a problem with the speed changing with your card at stock settings, your overclock is likely to high.

kahloq
09-24-04, 11:08 AM
The first thing I thought of when reading your original post was thta maybe your card is throttling down.