PDA

View Full Version : What are some great co-op games?

Switch
11-04-02, 12:45 AM
I've played through a small number games co-op with friends online and I liked what I saw. Anyone here like co-op games, and if so which ones?

I have to start the list with Serious Sam 1 & 2. Some of the best co-op play ever.

Kruno
11-04-02, 02:43 AM
Heroes of Might and Magic 3+4 (4 currently).

Smokey
11-04-02, 05:14 AM
Any R6 or GR games, Rune (didnt come with coop, but a great coop mod was made which is just a blast).

Starscream
11-04-02, 10:51 AM
Agreed on Serious Sam and Heroes. Heroes of Might and Magic 2 is my favorite though (still haven't played 4).

Doom 1 and 2 and Quake 1 and are lots of co-op fun.

Matthyahuw
11-04-02, 01:39 PM
Dungeon Siege was hella-fun!

StealthHawk
11-04-02, 02:08 PM
did someone say Tenebrae co-op? relive the fun, Tenebrae sytle :D

The Baron
11-04-02, 04:08 PM
System Shock 2 seems like a good idea for co-op... :p

DoinkyBottoms
11-05-02, 07:49 PM
SvenCoop for Half-Life is really fun. It lets you play HL single player with multiple players. It also has tons of maps that are designed for mulitplayer.

zoolap
11-06-02, 05:22 AM
I want more co-op multiplayer games - serious sam was good fun. I want fps games which you can play all the way through on co-op. Playing something like half-life on lan with several of you taking out hordes of enemies would be cool. Hopefully some day we'll be able to do medal of honour single player levels in co-op: d-day landing with several players charging up the beach would be rather cool.

I remember how much fun doom 1/2 was in co-op - i want more. When you have friends round something like doom 3 will probably be great initially, but only being able to play on at a time or deathmatch only can get boring.

I expect someone will bring up Halo (never played it).

Smokey
11-07-02, 05:03 AM
Honestly Rune co-op is what you need. You can pick up Rune in the bargin bin now for nothing, dl the coop install in just like any mod. It is all the levels of the SP game, you can load any part of the game you want and is just so so much fun. Rune CO-OP (http://rune.gamerzcity.co.uk/runecoop/)

ShyguyMX6
11-07-02, 06:24 PM
Serious Sam 2, any of the Ghost Recon games including Sum Of All Fears, UT2K3, UT mods Tactical Ops & Strike Force, & C&C Renegade.

Nephilim
11-07-02, 08:04 PM
Daikatana

j/k!

*hides*

:D :D

Switch
11-07-02, 08:24 PM
Heheheh, I concidered buying that one when it was released... so glad I didn't.

And about tenebrae, I can't get any of my friends to play it. They hear "quake 1" and run... I've played through over half of it by myself and am very pleased with it.

I agree with Ghost Recon as a good coop, I haven't played anything in the series after that though.

Sven Coop gave me and my buds ours of fun.

I'm looking at Rune.

Lastly, Doom3 better have coop. it would be a sin against society if it didn't.

GodzillaFan
11-07-02, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Switch

Lastly, Doom3 better have coop. it would be a sin against society if it didn't.

It won't.

I decided the moment carmack said it wasn't going to have coop that I wouldn't be buying it.

DoinkyBottoms
11-07-02, 10:18 PM
Having a buddy with you spoils the whole creepy atmosphere they are trying to create with Doom3. Besides, the nature of the game is few monsters and tension. You can't have that in multiplayer co-op where everyone is always running ahead and competing for frags. There is no fear of death or surprise when you can just respawn 500 times until that hell knight is finally dead from pistol fire.

Nephilim
11-07-02, 11:32 PM
I dunno....

System Shock 2 still scared the pants off of us when my old roomate and I would play it co-op.

ShyguyMX6
11-08-02, 12:04 AM
I don't remember but doesn't the AVP games have co-op modes, Now those are some scary games to play, especially AVP2!!!