PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Night Vision Goggles

LORD-eX-Bu
11-04-02, 03:14 AM
I know this is probably an odd request. I am looking for a set of hands free head strap night vision goggles that can serve as a single ocular monocular viewing device. Field of view as low as 11 degrees and focus range as bad as 15 feet to infinity. Don't care about weight but would like IR function. I know these things cost $$$, I have the money, but I just wanna see if anyone here can make a deal or include a trade for a set. Any takers?

EDIT: Don't want night vision binoculars.;)

Kruno
11-04-02, 03:45 AM
I knew it. :)
Your breaking into your neighbours house and getting your doggie woggie back :D

What I would like to know how much would they cost? $5000?

Blakhart
11-04-02, 12:32 PM
For a good pair of real nods (night observation device(s)), you may want the pvs7b's. Or at least the 5's...
They are around 1500, last I saw. The Russian stuff, while hardy, is not very advanced compared to today's nods. They are more like a toy. And their image quality leaves something to be desired, at times.
If you commit a crime while using these, you may well have additional charges brought, and make them (nods) a contraband thing for people who own them.

Just some thoughts for you.

I have a cyclop, one tube, like as in a telescope, non-bino (Russian made, pronounce it tseclop) that is in great shape. Has outstanding optics, Russians know how to make some glass. I have tested it for xrays and other hazardous radiation. Yes I have the equipment and know how to use it. Some of these devices can kick out some xrays. Uses a standard 9v battery, wich lives for a very long time. Mil-spec at the time it was made. No accesories save for a mil-spec strap. Trade?

Spacebo moi drug...

LORD-eX-Bu
11-04-02, 12:39 PM
Yes, I have been looking at pvs7b's. Very nice, thinking about getting them, on the other hand Rigel 3100 and 3300 don't look that bad, and are 1/3 the price. I won't be comitting any crimes with these, you can be sure of that.;)

Rigel 3100 Tactical (http://www.rigeloptics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ROS&Product_Code=RG001&Category_Code=NVG)

Rigel 3300 (http://www.rigeloptics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ROS&Product_Code=RG003&Category_Code=NVG)

EDIT: Bah, nevermind, those are Gen 1.