PDA

View Full Version : How do you turn off profiles?

Pandora's Box
09-05-04, 10:10 PM
I would like to know how to turn off profiles or delete the ones i dont want. since i run all my games at 4xaa 8xaf quality i dont need profiles and would prefer them to be disabled rather than load up a game and find that a profile has overriden the global driver settings.

rewt
09-05-04, 10:14 PM
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplEnableActiveApp"=dword:00000000

I think that might just do the trick.

Pandora's Box
09-05-04, 10:29 PM
no i still got profiles in the control panel.

rewt
09-05-04, 10:40 PM
yeah but the driver shouldnt use them.

But if you prefer not to see the app profiles page, use this;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplEnableActiveApp"=dword:00000000
"NvCplEnableAppProfilePage"=dword:00000000

NOTE - you will lose application profiles page!!!!!

Disadvantage:
you lose optimizations, direct3d vsync, and color profile controls, etc.

Advantage:
you gain direct3d/opengl/taskbar options

Pandora's Box
09-05-04, 10:55 PM
meh disadvantage outweighs advantage.

besides the profiles are growing on me.

never had to just set it and forget it before.

Elvin Presler
09-06-04, 01:16 AM
A little off topic, but I'd like to know where the profiles are stored so I can backup the ones I create. I'd also like to delete all the junk that was already there with the drivers. Anyone know?

rewt
09-06-04, 02:07 AM
Backup nvapps.xml from your C:\Windows\system32

Use Driver Cleaner 3 (http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/) to clean out remains of old drivers AFTER you have uninstalled them.

Files in the system32 directory cannot be deleted in normal mode when windows file protection (WFP) is enabled. For this reason, you should run DC3 in safe mode. Pressing F8 before the Windows Logo screen on most machines will allow you to boot in safe mode.

mobilenvidia
09-06-04, 02:49 AM
Click here (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/OGL_page_enable.reg) this will get rid of your profiles page (well it really hides it).
It does open the OpenGL settings page instead.

Make sure that Display properties is closed when you do it, or just reopen it for the effect to be seen.

If you don't like that either click here (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/OGL_page_disable.reg) to go back to what it was before.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Elvin Presler
09-06-04, 02:56 AM
Backup nvapps.xml from your C:\Windows\system32.

Ahah! Thankya...thankya very much. I edited that file with notepad, then went into the registry to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\NvCplAppNamesStored] and nuked all the unwanted profile EXE references. Now I have a nice clean control panel with just my profiles instead of a huge list of useless junk I don't even have.

Lfctony
09-06-04, 03:21 AM
Just don't tick their settings, the driver by default won't use the specific settings but it will use your global ones.

rewt
09-06-04, 07:29 AM
Ahah! Thankya...thankya very much.

hehehe. Good impression! :) Glad I could help.

Fam Money
12-14-04, 11:09 AM
Ahah! Thankya...thankya very much. I edited that file with notepad, then went into the registry to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\NvCplAppNamesStored] and nuked all the unwanted profile EXE references. Now I have a nice clean control panel with just my profiles instead of a huge list of useless junk I don't even have.

Thanks to rewt and Elvin, this helped me a great deal. Don't know why they have UO paired with vanilla CoD.

Shazbot
12-14-04, 01:12 PM
Can't you just use Rivatuner? If I set my aa and af in riva it applies to every game. *shrugs*

Fam Money
12-14-04, 06:16 PM
I want to set the aa and af to different settings for each game. All games don't like the same settings.