PDA

View Full Version : And I thought the ForceWare was better than Catalyst?

Gaco
09-06-04, 12:59 PM
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/digest3d/0804/itogi-video-gallery-bugs.html#deiw

Well, it appears that I thought wrong :(

rewt
09-06-04, 02:34 PM
Believe me, both companies have their own issues with drivers and game fixes. But IMO, the nVidia drivers are more flexible overall, having just about every option you could hope for in a graphics card. And don't forget, nVidia driver teams work on Linux too.

EciDemon
09-06-04, 02:39 PM
Dunno, I have a few of those games, and I see bugs there that Ive not encounterd.

But I did see the weird water problem in Farcry on my Old FX card. But only when I forced the card to Pixelshader 1.4 and lower in Rivatuner

fivefeet8
09-06-04, 02:41 PM
Some of those bugs are outdated. The NFS:U bugs were fixed long ago with the recent Forceware updates. Splinter Cell buffer shadows were fixed, then broken, then fixed, then broken. The last forceware's with buffer shadows were the official 61.77 forcewares I think.

Rytr
09-06-04, 03:01 PM
Interesting, I guess. I have not encountered those bugs but I have used the 61.45's and just now changing over to 65.73's. On the Cat drivers I used all beta's up until 4.7's (which seemed to be a step backwards other than speed) and now I have changed over to 4.8's which so far seem to be very good and correct a number of problems.

therapture
09-07-04, 12:07 AM
But IMO, the nVidia drivers are more flexible overall, having just about every option you could hope for in a graphics card.

.....except the user option to ENABLE TRIPLE BUFFERING.... :lame: :ORDER: :)

Vagrant Zero
09-07-04, 02:58 AM
.....except the user option to ENABLE TRIPLE BUFFERING.... :lame: :ORDER: :)

NVHard Page 2.0 allows Tripple Buffering. Use that.

Renzo
09-07-04, 03:01 AM
According to my framerate tests with vsync enabled, triple buffering appears to enabled by default. (Conclusion came from fps not dropping to half of the monitor refresh it should have like with double buffering in heavy situations).

This concerns at least some games I tested, I don't have time to test them all.