PDA

View Full Version : DVS and the disapering posts

Pages : [1] 2

marqmajere
11-04-02, 04:57 PM
Why does DVS keep getting his posts pulled? I read the Warez warning at the top that Volt posted. Were his pics telling people where to get a copy of this? If they weren't then it should have been fine to post.

Marqus

volt
11-04-02, 04:59 PM
It's not hard to read really. You guys either abide by our rules on that or pay the consequences.

It clearly states that anyone found posting links/pictures (attachments, or [img] tags) and asking where to obtain warez will be sent a warning, and their post will be deleted

-=DVS=-
11-04-02, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by marqmajere
Why does DVS keep getting his posts pulled? I read the Warez warning at the top that Volt posted. Were his pics telling people where to get a copy of this? If they weren't then it should have been fine to post.

Marqus

my pics where showing in game action with my rig , not link to demo :o , but Volt wants no pics on NVnews , that fine by me :rolleyes:

marqmajere
11-04-02, 05:03 PM
However, you can post links to pictures ONLY if that particular site does not contain any information on how to obtain the pirated software, or does not talk about it in detail

I'm not disagreeing with you Volt. I think your right in trying to maintain a level of control over these boards. It's just that I've seen ragejg post pics of Unreal 2 and that game doesn't come out untill Jan. 2003. I'm just wondering what the difference is here?
That's all.

Marqus

volt
11-04-02, 05:05 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you Volt. I think your right in trying to maintain a level of control over these boards. It's just that I've seen ragejg post pics of Unreal 2 and that game doesn't come out untill Jan. 2003. I'm just wondering what the difference is here?
That's all.

Marqus

While you were replying to my post, I made some adjustments to his ;)

marqmajere
11-04-02, 05:11 PM
AW CRAP. That's not what I wanted to happen. Me just wuv pictures. Oh well. PM the link to those pics, DVS. I really wanted to see them.

Marqus

-=DVS=-
11-04-02, 05:21 PM
AW CRAP. That's not what I wanted to happen. Me just wuv pictures. Oh well. PM the link to those pics, DVS. I really wanted to see them.

Marqus

Eh it was not link i don't have where to host them , i had attached them on one of my post but Volt deleted them :rolleyes:

you can find similar pictures all over the net right now , only difference mine was with 4xAA and 16xAniso :p

ragejg
11-04-02, 05:35 PM
So a pic without reference to source coupled by no mention of source is illegal? It's cool, I just wanna understand this better... So the public Doom 3 screenies/scans are bad too?

marqmajere
11-04-02, 05:41 PM
Yes. ALL pics are bad. even though:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, you can post links to pictures ONLY if that particular site does not contain any information on how to obtain the pirated software, or does not talk about it in detail.

:p ;)

Marqus

volt
11-04-02, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ragejg
So a pic without reference to source coupled by no mention of source is illegal? It's cool, I just wanna understand this better... So the public Doom 3 screenies/scans are bad too?

Yours weren't legal where they?
And where did you read you can't post pictures from legit games?
All the ones I took care of were not from public reviews. Please correct me, I think I know what pictures came from where.

marqmajere
11-04-02, 06:05 PM
I was just giving you a hard time, Volt. Take it easy man. I'm with you. I was just wondering WHY they were pulled if they didn't have any info on where to obtain them. Next time I'll PM you, Volt.

Marqus

volt
11-04-02, 06:09 PM
In my announcement I wrote: links or pictures (links/pictures)
Also and asking where to obtain warez reads as is. I don't see an "or" there. It's both pictures and info that I will hunt :p

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by volt
Yours weren't legal where they?
And where did you read you can't post pictures from legit games?
All the ones I took care of were not from public reviews. Please correct me, I think I know what pictures came from where.

But those pictures were from same demo as official pics just on different system and from different angle , so i fail to see the point of enforceing such ridiculous rule :o

sure i agree warez is bad and telling people where to get it is bad , and we compliance with it, but its only a picture of same demo Carmack gave official pics :rolleyes:

Edit: lol i just read that nasty email Volt got from Id , LMAO Id Soft is on crack , whats wrong with posting same pics of same demo they showed on e3 and posted official pics :eek:

StealthHawk
11-05-02, 05:23 AM
because it means that people are using the leak, which obviously upsets them

ragejg
11-05-02, 06:30 AM
The pics I posted were actually (I'm almost positive) from the developer's website... downloaded Feb. this year... no fan page, no warez page, nuthin like that. I don't go to those places. They had nothing to do with the "leak", and everything to do with the developer announcing and posting progress... The pics I had were bundled on a small gallery with other incomplete shots (many of them wireframe) coupled with commentary captions on the bottom... I figured those pics had already been seen by many. PLUS the developers themselves have been leaking screenies for well over a year. If my pics had websites on them, or if I had a caption saying "if you can find more of these, pm me", I'd understand the removal. But for the reasons stated above, I do not understand the removal.

:confused:

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

Mod
11-05-02, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by DVS

Edit: lol i just read that nasty email Volt got from Id , LMAO Id Soft is on crack , whats wrong with posting same pics of same demo they showed on e3 and posted official pics :eek:

How come you can read Volt's email ??? :confused:

Volt, can you post it here ? Maybe people will get quiter after reading it.

PS: :eek: , first time a see so many posts from different people against mods' rules

thcdru2k
11-05-02, 07:49 AM
he posted it on one of the other d3 threads :)

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by thcdru2k
he posted it on one of the other d3 threads :)

Yep , if Volt would post it in announcment it would make so much easyer to understand the situation , right now only few people know it , and others arn't happy with rules :p

volt
11-05-02, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ragejg
The pics I posted were actually (I'm almost positive) from the developer's website... downloaded Feb. this year... no fan page, no warez page, nuthin like that. I don't go to those places. They had nothing to do with the "leak", and everything to do with the developer announcing and posting progress... The pics I had were bundled on a small gallery with other incomplete shots (many of them wireframe) coupled with commentary captions on the bottom... I figured those pics had already been seen by many. PLUS the developers themselves have been leaking screenies for well over a year. If my pics had websites on them, or if I had a caption saying "if you can find more of these, pm me", I'd understand the removal. But for the reasons stated above, I do not understand the removal.

:confused:

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

Find me a public legit site with that shot please.
You can post them on a host, not in here.

volt
11-05-02, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DVS
Yep , if Volt would post it in announcment it would make so much easyer to understand the situation , right now only few people know it , and others arn't happy with rules :p

Not a bad idea, though why do you guys need proof? Did I lie when I posted the announcement ?

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 03:28 PM
Not a bad idea, though why do you guys need proof? Did I lie when I posted the announcement ?

you did not lie but people want to know why they can't post simple pics :rolleyes: and why you takeing all this so seriosly

Mod
11-05-02, 03:52 PM

It would give people a stronger emotional point. Besides, I can't find the email anywhere :mad: :( . !

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Mod
It would give people a stronger emotional point. Besides, I can't find the email anywhere :mad: :( . !

Volt have it i think he posted it once somewere :rolleyes:

StealthHawk
11-05-02, 04:52 PM
what's up with all the rolling eyes :p

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
what's up with all the rolling eyes :p

lol we need more different happy faces with more emotions to choose from ;)