PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL 2.0 released!

Shamrock
09-09-04, 03:11 AM
http://opengl.org/documentation/opengl_current_version.html

There is a .pdf download that has the specs in it too. This is the official release too, not from The Inquirer from a couple weeks ago.

:)

mustrum
09-09-04, 03:30 AM
(welcome)
Sorry i just love this forums's smilies so much.
:lol2:

Shamrock
09-09-04, 07:00 AM
(welcome)
Sorry i just love this forums's smilies so much.
:lol2:

me too

This is the official release too, not from The Inquirer from a couple weeks ago

:POKE: :sry: :bye:

Crazed123
09-25-04, 10:35 PM
So when's the GeForce 6XXX series gonna support it? Cause that's when I'll be buying mine.

-=DVS=-
09-25-04, 11:54 PM
Geforce 6XXX series already had support for OpenGl 2 even before official release :rolleyes: all drivers past 6x.xx do .

fivefeet8
09-26-04, 03:18 AM
Geforce 6XXX series already had support for OpenGl 2 even before official release :rolleyes: all drivers past 6x.xx do .

They do support it, but not all extensions yet. When necessary, future driver updates should fix that though. ;)

I've heard from some sources that current ATi cards do not support power of 2 render targest. Which is required by the OGL2 spec. Is there any truth to this at all?

Hellion
09-26-04, 04:38 AM
Sweet, um, since this is a release date on GL2.0, i hope its not too off topic to ask here if anyone know any release dates to nvidia drivers? past 61.77? it just doesnt make sense how we have leaked drivers up to 66.XX but these idiots cant perfect one first? OK so there not idiots, but there slow as hell, why start a plan for 66. if 62 isnt even done yet????

Crazed123
09-27-04, 03:24 PM
But I thought the drivers supported the ARB_shader_language_100 extension already, not the OpenGL 2.0 core. Which is it? And when is the 6XXX Go gonna be out?

jolle
09-27-04, 03:26 PM
I hear OGL2.0 isnt what it was supposed to be..
was cut down or something, not as great as meant in the first place..
dunno tho..

-=DVS=-
09-27-04, 07:22 PM
Yeah i heard it to , was suppose to be much greater with lotsa new features , but was rushed :( , and back to Nvidia and GL Viewer program , it depends what Driver you useing one supports all 7 features and or 11 from older version of program...

Subtestube
09-27-04, 07:37 PM
GL 2.0 is mainly the subsumption of many unofficially supported extensions into the official fold so that there's a proper and well defined specification with extensions necessary for it to 'keep pace' with DX. No, it's not a release like the DX versions - it's mainly just making a lot of previously designed stuff official. Which IS a good thing if you're a developer. 'Least, that's my understanding of it - I could be wrong.