PDA

View Full Version : Is Chaintech 6800GT any good?

Whiskey A Go Go
09-09-04, 07:39 AM
Hi, Long time viewer, first time poster. I know you people probably get this alot so i'll make it short as humanly possible.

Chaintech's 6800GT? Good or Bad becuase i can get one at a local Computer shop for 550.

Thanks in advance.

saturnotaku
09-09-04, 07:44 AM
550 what? US Dollars? Euros? Yen?

It's a good card, but its value will depend on exactly what currency you're talking about.

Whiskey A Go Go
09-09-04, 07:54 AM
550 Canadian, sorry.

Too early in the morning =p.

dsj
09-09-04, 03:53 PM
chain tech sucks just like forsa don't get those brands.

xdaishanx
09-09-04, 04:09 PM
Sorry but the eloquent "chaintech sux" isn't true

For the orignal poster - I have had my Chaintech 6800gt since late June - was one of first batches and have had zero problems with it - its relatively quiet and has overclocked fine also

Wavern
09-09-04, 05:52 PM
550 Canadian, sorry.

Too early in the morning =p.

$550 canadian is what, about $75.38 US?
(j/k)

I'm too lazy to look up a conversion website but assuming that's $400 US or less, that's a fine deal. Pick it up, try it out, and if you don't like it, return it. Such are the benefits of brick & mortar shops. =v)

photophreak314
09-09-04, 08:58 PM
$550 canadian is what, about $75.38 US?
(j/k)

Ouch. That cut me deep. Real deep. The exchange rate was actually down to 1.26 for a day, and it's hovering around 1.3 now. Which it hasn't been for YEARS.

I ordered a Chaintech 6800GT for 560 Canadian from ncix, as I live in the Great White North, that is a pretty good deal, seeing as Ultra's go for about $850 on average, and I haven't found a single one in stock ANYWHERE. Mind you, it hasn't arrived yet, as my dad decided to tack a few LCD monitors for his business onto my bill, which then drove the price through the roof, which then needs faxed, and phone verification, and I've missed every call they make, or they're busy when I call. Or gone home. Which sucks. Either way, it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday if I can get through tomorrow.

Apparently it is very overclockable, as one buyer at ncix reported 420/1200 with standard cooling, and something to do with an all copper base on the heatsink, which is good, but I can't verify. If not, it's still a GT, and it comes with a green fuzzy ball to clean screens with, two grumpy men on the box, and another grumpy guy on the heatsink. All of their promo characters are really unhappy looking fellows.