PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong in the comsole command?

aAv7
09-09-04, 12:13 PM
I realize there is a sticky for console commands, but seeing as there hasnt been a post there in a few weeks, I felt it justified me making a new thread-i'm trying to play various levels at will....i'll go into the console and type...

" map caverns2.map " ( but without the " ) and nothing happens...it says unknown command...I read on several websites that this is the command to get into levels...you type map and then the name of the map......what am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks :)

superklye
09-09-04, 12:45 PM
probably misspelling "console" for one ;)

aAv7
09-09-04, 01:13 PM
whoops...lol...seriously tho! =P

majortom
09-09-04, 01:24 PM
probably misspelling "console" for one ;)

beat me to it! LOL. you dont have to type .map, i think. try typing just "map caverns2".

Omega53
09-09-04, 02:18 PM
are you putting a / or \ (cant remember) in front of the command?

Mike1357
09-09-04, 03:44 PM
you forgot part of the command. you have to type the folder the map is in (yea its kinda stupid)

map game/caverns2

just type that into the console and it will be as good as gold

TIP: TAB is a completion key. you can type "com" and hit tab to see all the commands that start with com.
so first i typed in "map" and hit tab. it showed me the 3 different folders. (The game/ folder, the fred/ folder, and the test/ folder) [no, there is nothing in the fred folder, no i dont know why its there]
i typed map game/ and hit tab. then it showed me all the maps in that folder.
then i scrolled up (with the PGUP) and saw Caverns2.map
so I typed Cav and hit tab once again. it completed it as Caverns1 but i hit tab again and it cycled to Caverns2. try using tab sometime. its magic in this engine and the quake 3 engine.

aAv7
09-09-04, 06:40 PM
ah, thanks Mike! I'll make sure to type that in the " Console" =) ::pats himself on the back for proper spelling::

Mike1357
09-10-04, 02:43 PM
No problem man, anytime. If you have any other questions, just ask and I'll help to the best of my knowledge.

and PATS isn't spelled with a :p
hehe
::pats himself on the back for proper spelling::

(j/k) :dance: